The Sr. Technical Specialist shall be accountable for coordinating and engaging with Corporate Treasury business partners and the various technology teams (build and deployment services) to support infrastructure builds for the QRM platform (which supports the Corporate Treasury Line of Business). The individual shall also be responsible for working closely with the QRM application support team to resolve incidents arising out of infrastructure issues on a day-to-day basis Accountabilities
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to analyze, plan and execute infrastructure upgrades for the Treasury technology platforms
- Co-ordinates work-efforts among the various technology stakeholders (deployment services, server platforms, engineering) to support infrastructure builds
- Builds close relationships to understand the various activities that are necessary from a platform infrastructure build stand-point
- Responsible for documenting software build guides (SBG's) for the application to support infrastructure builds.
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems arising out of infrastructure issues. Makes recommendations to improve processes and systems.
- Actions management approval process and communicates to business and the appropriate tech teams on status
- Looks for process improvement opportunities to increase reliability and extensibility of applications and improve overall service
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's na/or Masters degree in Computer Science,
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems (OS) 2016/2012/2008/2003, or Solaris 7/8/9/10/11, AIX 4.3/5L. VCS cluster, Windows Cluster
- Familiarity with DBMS software tools: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2000/7/6.5, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, Sybase ASE 11/11.5.
- Exposure to Cloud platforms: Azure or AWS. Experience in building infrastructure over cloud an asset.
- Experience in Financial Industry strongly preferred
- Exposure and understanding of DevOps tools and practices..
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance requirements and software development control and release procedures, especially on then infrastructure build side
- Good knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
- Experience with Vendor product integration
- Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Is detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exhibits solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Is able to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications and technology platforms
- Demonstrates solid organizational skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and eager to learn
- Experience in working effectively with different technology and business teams
We're here to help
- OS: RHEL 4/5/6/7, Windows 2016/2012/2008/2003, Solaris 7/8/9/10/11, AIX 4.3/5L. VCS cluster, Windows Cluster
- Container platform: OpenShift
- Other Software: WebSphere, Tomcat, VMware, Apache Web server, IIS server, etc.
- Programming/automation: Shell Scripting, Ansible, Powershell, GNU C.
- Hardware: Sun hardware, IBM Power series/Xseries, IBM storage, Cisco switch/Router, PIX firewall.
- DBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2000/7/6.5, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, Sybase ASE 11/11.5.
- Cloud Platforms: AWS & Azure
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.