Director, Application Development
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com What You'll Be Doing
You will join the Pega CoE's Dev/Design Team within CIBC's Personal and Small Business Banking Technology group where you will lead a team of Designers & Devlopers for multiple concurrent projects and initiatives within the bank. As a Director of Delivery, the role will be managing full-time employees and contractors through Waterfall and Agile methodologies. You'll work closely with your team to ensure appropriate standard are maintained and ensure adherence to internal gating processes from requirements analysis to delivery. You'll manage a team that is at the heart of successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale projects involving multiple back-end systems. As a leader for Pega CoE you will also be responsible for helping other teams in the bank to deliver Pega Projects. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Delivery Focused - Work closely with internal partners to determine, negotiate and manage projects to the agreed upon timeline. Monitor finances identify opportunities for improvement and recommend appropriate solutions. Under your leadership implement projects in a timely fashion that are of high quality, low cost and on budget.
- People Leadership - Lead and coach a high performing group team of individuals. Direct, motivate, and develop your team, maximizing their contributions and professional growth. Share knowledge and collaborate to come up with effective solutions to problems.
- Relationship Management - Work closely with project teams, executives, stakeholders and business partners to develop, and implement application programs. Impact and improve the business by advising application owners on the technology implementation possibilities and requirements.
What CIBC Offers
- You can demonstrate experience in: previous hands on experience in Delivery with a Very strong technical background, responsible for meeting the business needs of various business units as a Director. It is an asset if you have experience with Sales platforms within the financial industry and Pega if not a background with Java & Oracle technology along with knowledge of API framework is a must have.
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We also seek applicants possessing a wide range of abilities and are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week with occasional additional required. Your hours will be based on our banking centre operations, and you may need to work days, evenings and weekends to meet project deliverables and client needs
Expected End Date
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
2019-09-23 Job Location
130 Adelaide St W 4th Fl However this may change dependent on business need. Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours