JAVA Programmer Analyst Advisory - Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 55130
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. PURPOSE OF JOB
This position belongs to a highly skilled and fast growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) team. This team's mandate is to build and support next generation of applications on platform utilizing the cloud through software-as-a-service . The ideal candidate will be working in an agile environment with passion for continuous improvement. Firsthand experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products will be beneficial. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
The ideal candidate is required to:
- Analyze, design, develop and deploy software in an agile and CIAD environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing applications.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business analysts, business users, project managers and other developers to achieve effective and efficient solutions.
- Work alongside with teammates to elevate technology, consistently apply best practices and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate is required to have:
- 5+ years of experience in B2B and is familiar with the following software / tools / technologies:
- Relational Database : Oracle / Sybase
- Build Automation Technologies: Gradle / Maven, Jenkins
- Programming Languages: Java, java-script, HTML
- J2EE Standards: XML, JSP, Servlets, Angular JS, JDBC
- Scripting Languages: Perl, Shell
- Web Services: Tomcat / WebLogic
- O/S: Linux / Sun Solaris
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable to deliver multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with the following software / tools / technologies:
- Technologies: Hadoop / Spark / Kafka / Kx / PLATO
- Infrastructure Automation Technologies: Docker
- Relational Database : PostgraSQL / MySQL
- Modern Programming Languages: Python
- Automated Scheduler: Tidal / Airflow / AutoSys
- DevOps experience in building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like Jenkins, puppet, etc.
- Experience in developing Financial/Banking applications.
- A recognized under-graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related discipline.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering