Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
What does TD stand for? For starters, we believe in visionary leadership and insights. We believe in using every resource at our disposal to better serve our clients, and for almost every department, that begins with data.
As part of our Data and Analytics team, you'll be a fundamental part of crafting business processes enterprise-wide by analyzing vast amounts of past and present data.
TD's vision for the future? Tailored, customized banking products, services and experiences for every single customer. If you've been in business as long as we have, you know there's no such thing as one size fits all, and a diverse, inclusive Data Analytics team is a massive part of that future achievement. Job Description About this Role
You will act as an authority on a team of data modellers who analyze vast amounts of data, and build strategic plans to implement innovative solutions that improve business strategy across the organization. As an expert in modelling and forecasting, you will perform at a high level to develop a wide variety of complex, innovative data models that improve and support business practices and strategy enterprise wide. You own your space, execute with speed and precision. Most of all, the idea of digging through data to find opportunities is exactly the kind of challenge you seek. And it is that fearlessness and drive that exemplifies what makes TD the better bank.
We are looking for strategic technical planning support using complex, industry-leading tools to enhance our business processes through descriptive and predictive modelling. As a Modelling/Forecasting Specialist you may:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Work positively and closely with business management on data modelling requests / activities to ensure alignment with overall strategies
- Lead the activities related to delivery of data work you're doing - data package, data model, and data mappings
- Responsible for reading business and technical requirements to ensure data work meets business needs
- Create, maintain and adhere to project plan for all work you're doing
- Lead multi-stakeholder sessions (business, design, Tech teams, focused on data output).
- Conduct walkthroughs of all data findings to aid approval / sign-off
- Be a technical working lead/resource to others. Work closely with senior leadership on significant projects.
- Provide thought leadership and/or industry knowledge for own area of expertise
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality and innovation; ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- May provide guidance to other Data Analysts / Modellers
- Be an authority integrating cross function understanding within their own field of specialty
- Work autonomously and accountable for acting as a lead within a specialized analytics function and may provide work direction to others
- Provide seasoned specialized knowledge, advice and/or guidance to various partners and team members
- Expert at using and integrating data across multiple platforms
- Work positively and effectively across multiple business units with numerous partners to deliver advanced analytics solutions
- Scope of role may have business segment and /or enterprise impact
Tell us about your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate
- Seven (7) or more years of relevant experience
- Being part of a team and engaged in various deliverables from Annual /Quarterly PLAN forecasts to IFRS9 attribution and forecasting, Monthly outlook on losses and ad hoc analysis to perform deep dive on causal drivers of losses and variances
- Being the subject matter expert on key data deliverables that are required for performing all the relevant tasks for the Loss Forecasting team. This would include creation of monthly forecast data sets and delivering key insights through data
- Perform detailed analysis and interpret information to make recommendations to Senior Management that may have a bearing on losses for the Business
- Interact with, and succinctly communicate Plans and Forecasts to key stakeholders and Executives within the Line of Business, Collections, Finance and Risk Management. This would include the timely and effective communication of forecasting results & variance drivers
- Collaborate with colleagues in Collections and Credit teams to set goals and track operations performance, as it relates to portfolio delinquency and loss.
- Build deep understanding of the business' credit profile and collections practices to ensure loss forecasting inputs focus on the fewest, material drivers of losses.
- Ensure sound credit control by taking a pro-active approach to risk management aligned to our Risk Appetite. Document all new processes per Bank policy.
- Experience with the use of Relational Databases using common languages such as R, Python, SQL or SAS
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.