What is the opportunity?
Our ideal candidates will have the strategic oversight to delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite. They are imaginative and use strong User-Centered Design (UCD) principles to produce high-quality visuals from conception to execution.
We're looking for someone that can instinctively weave iconography, typography, colour, space and texture together to simplify and beautify how our users navigate our many products and services. It's a task that'll be made easier by collaborating with a top-notch team of product owners, strategists, marketers, writers and developers following a shared vision. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have:
- Shape the look and feel of prodcut ensuring consistency and simplicity
- Constantly explore ways to create a more cohesive experience and enhance usability
- Design multiple options, trust the iterative process and understand that the first idea is not always the best
- Become a user advocate and take ownership of the product
- Rationalize solutions and effectively communicate ideas and designs
- Collaborate with core team members to introduce new product features and create a better user experience based on user feedback
- Work within our agile team structure and provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Lead usability testing alongside other UX Product Design team members
- Build a strong rapport with creative team personnel, managers and stakeholders
- Impress stakeholders/clients with your enthusiasm and understanding of our customer needs
- Ensure adherence to accessibility guidelines
- An exceptional eye for detail and passion for quality
- Experience with a wide range of design and prototyping tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Axure, and presentation software)
- Expert understanding of core design principles rated to typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour systems, white space, etc.
- Desire to work through the entire UCD process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wireframing, and prototyping, and usability testing for screen-based products
- Fluent in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or a related field or equivalent experience
- Portfolio with work samples
- 3-5 years of experience working in digital on creative teams
- Experience with animation software (Premiere, After Effects, among other tools)
- Experience and success working in start-up environments
- Advanced degree in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising, visual design and/or human-centered design, or related field
- Knowledge and/or experience in the agile process