Programmer Analyst Advisory
Requisition ID: 59623
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank's Wealth Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) team is responsible for building a flexible and unified data repository for all business lines within the Scotia Wealth Management. The vision is to achieve a holistic view of all clients' business relationship with Scotia Wealth Management and with Scotiabank Canadian Banking. The most beneficial feature of the Enterprise Data Lake lies in the consolidation of data; a seamless process to retrieve any type of data from a single source to generate day-to-day business intelligence reports, statistics and analysis for different analytics teams. The Wealth Enterprise Data Lake also fulfills the requirements for AML regulatory needs and the current focus of the team is to meet the AML requirements of Name scanning, CRR, Transaction Monitoring and MIS Reporting. To meet the objective for AML MIS reporting, we are seeking an Advisory Programmer Analyst who will play an important part in the team and help the team achieve the desired goal. Job Accountabilities:
- Working as a team member in the Wealth EDL lab, the high level accountabilities will be as follows:
- Leading development efforts in ingesting and transforming data from various sources. Building scripts, writing specifications and responsible for end to end delivery of data
- Develop and test code from design specifications, as well as implement and support enhancements to applications
- Provide technical expertise in medium to complex projects as a Technical Lead capable of providing guidance and advise to the team
- Has some hands on experience working in an agile environment and knowledge of waterfall as a methodology and is able to adhere to team and organization standards.
- Works in close collaboration with Architects and other cross functional team members in creating design documents, outlining overview, diagrams, technical requirements and solution that best addresses a business needs.
- Participate in technical discussions, client meetings and presentation of solutions to the technical team members as well as Business
- Participate in code review of peers and junior team members and recommend suggestions for improvement where appropriate to ensure high quality product
- Provide leadership in production support issues and carry after-hours support phone on a rotational basis
- Develop ETL code and build packages based on existing standards and suggest improvements when possible
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop Eco system and components/ frameworks such as HDFS, Hive, Spark, Storm, HBase, Pig, Sqoop etc.
- Good understanding of Big Data and Hadoop technology.
- Experience working in Agile/Lean delivery teams
- Good knowledge or understanding of data visualization tools such as Tableau is an added advantage.
- Experience with sizing and capacity planning of Hadoop clusters, design patterns and application architectures is an advantage
- Should be a team player and should adapt to change and work accordingly in a positive manner.
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication, effectively convey ideas verbally, have clear written communication especially when responding to non-technical / business team members
- 3 to 5+ years' experience in Java development or in other Object Oriented languages
- 3 to 5+ years' experience with relational databases with a good knowledge of SQL Scripting, database structures, principles and design theories is a must have
- 1+ years or more of hands on Hadoop Experience is a must have.
- Prior experience in the Wealth business arena is desired but not mandatory
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Any Hadoop based certification is preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Law, Programmer, Technology, Finance, Legal