Requisition ID: 72073
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The Risk Provisions and Reporting Solutions (RPRS) team provides development and support services to Global Risk Management (GRM) in delivering regulatory and non-regulatory solutions utilizing both Agile and Waterfall approaches. The Role
The incumbent is responsible for providing specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support. The incumbent is responsible for current and future implementation projects within the group, introducing new technologies to meet business objectives and providing technical consultation and guidance to all development projects. The incumbent will have the opportunity to deliver code and provide leadership throughout the entire lifecycle from initiation through to delivery and post launch support. Some of the key accountabilities include:
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Participate 'hands-on' in the implementation of Risk applications including loading, modelling/calculating, storage, cleansing and integration with upstream/downstream systems by analyzing user requirements, contributing to technical specifications and designs, developing detailed work-plans, scheduling technical resources, monitoring progress against plan and developing/maintaining programs according to standards. The incumbent must ensure software, programs and applications developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
- Provide hands-on input, technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of application development for assigned applications or technology. Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling, testing, as well as, performing reviews and walkthroughs of all major project deliverables to ensure the quality and completeness of functionality.
- Provide production and user acceptance testing application support to complex technical problems on all assigned applications and technology that serve each business unit by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
- Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plans, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required. The incumbent is also required to provide post implementation support and training to the computer operations staff on the production processing functionality.
- Maintain a good understanding of the Division's business strategies, business policies, financial instruments, risk management and back office processing. In addition, the incumbent is required to provide leadership and specialized consultation in defining, planning and maintaining a strategy for the architecture, development and implementation of technology, systems and MIS within the Division to provide effective technical consulting and support services to the Division.
- Ensure the department's objectives are met by assisting in recruiting qualified staff, providing input to performance appraisals on time and maintaining up to date knowledge of technology, industry and business practices.
- The incumbent is guided by Bank policy and receives broad direction from the Senior Manager/Director, and general direction from the Project Manager for the projects assigned. The incumbent is expected to function independently to identify opportunities for automation or efficiency, to introduce new technologies and to ensure that the department's objectives are met.
- The incumbent must have a specialized knowledge on most aspects of technologies within a client/server and multi-tier environment:
- system analysis and design
- multiple computing platforms, such as Linux, Unix, Windows
- programming languages (SAS including EG, PMML, Statistical Analysis, XML, & SQL)
- database and data warehouse technologies (SQL, Hadoop)
- development techniques, such as debugging, testing, coding, continuous integration, operating system configuration, application performance and tuning
- Working knowledge of risk management areas: retail banking products and services, credit risk lifecycle, and risk management discipline.
- Demonstrated comprehension, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and have mentoring experience.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages (Python, Talend, Tidal Scripting) are desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field; or equivalent work experience.
- 4-7 years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation in insurance, financial services or technology, with demonstrated data analysis abilities.
(This section is standardized, no additions required)
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Consulting, Law, Technology, Finance, Legal