Senior Analyst for Incident Management & Production Support
The Senior Analyst for Incident Management & Production Support
is primarily accountable for ensuring that interruptions and problems for cardholders and file transfers are addressed within the established Incident Management Processes. The Senior Analyst supports the day-to-day operational production issues from analysis to resolution and root cause analysis on all production incident related issues pertaining to Cards and associated card products for the North American Retail Payments markets in both Canada and USA.
This includes oversight of all Severity 1 issues, end to end support for Manager in relation to root cause analysis (RCA), trending (systematic, process, training/coaching), reporting and overseeing stakeholder communication and documentation. In addition to Severity 1 this role also supports all other severity incidents. This role is responsible for incident resolution relating to - system issues, file transmissions, escalations, financial reversals, collateral defects, statements, letters, card issuance, etc. and will involve managing issues through triage, investigation, resolution, validation and root cause analysis until a permanent fix is in place, supporting all BMO platforms and applications as well as Card vendors platforms. (TSYS - TS2, G&D, SYMCOR). This role is also responsible for supporting recovery efforts and providing regular status updates and communication to impacted stakeholders.
The incumbent also oversees the incident management shared mailbox/ for prioritization, assignment, and resolution. The senior analyst will triage issue and determine Severity of the issue based on process definitions. Service Level Agreements and stakeholder communications, resolution timeframes as defined by severity levels to which need to be adhered. They act as the first point of escalation for Analysts in support, direction and resolution and for business stakeholders, T&O, and payment card Suppliers.
This role provides support and expertise to business partners within the Bank while maintaining a customer focused approach. Primary for on-call/afterhours, weekend and public holidays support for TS2 and related systems Severity 1 issues (e.g. Credit Care, ADM, TDR, etc.).
All Incident Management requests will be channelled through a Workflow process and set procedures are to be followed. The Analyst is the prime point of contact during the issue resolution process for the business. Analyst will be on a rotational "on-call" schedule providing support for after hours, weekend and public holidays.
Analyst is also responsible to support the Manager of Incident Management & Production Support. This role acts as the back-up for Manager. This includes the activities listed in the Production Support section of key accountabilities. Key Accountabilities: Incident Management
Severity 1 management, reporting, RCA
- Accountable for performing an impact assessment prior to investigation, based on information provided.
- Ability to perform analysis across all platforms, applications and vendors systems for resolution.
- Familiarity of platform systems and applications across all vendors from existing documentation, subject matter experts, and/or other artefacts in order to assist with investigations
- Lead investigation of issue until permanent resolution
- Facilitate solution to stop continuance of incident
- Supports all resolution activities while minimizing risk
- Provide regular communication and required templates
- Adherence to set process and procedure steps
- Timely delivery of resolution
- Sharing best practices and lessons learned
- Periodically review internal existing processes and update when required
- Ensures all Platform and Vendor processes are adhered to avoid / minimize risks to the business and systems.
- Participates in team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other BMO Partners when appropriate
- Engage stakeholders and impacted groups
- Liaise with internal team and Supplier(s) for longer term solutions/projects via handover documentation
- Oversee resolution/quick fixes to ensure proper implementation
- Engage appropriate test resources (QA, internal) and business resources for first occurrence testing/validation
- Assist with Platform Operations from time to time
- Coaching/training and mentoring incident management Analysts
- Facilitate team meetings, communication and reviews for trending, post mortem, and improvement opportunities
- Review Supplier incident reports, create action plans for improvements, and monitor to complete.
- Prioritizes and monitors incident assignments and progress through incident intake.
- Manages weekly reporting for manager and monthly reports to leadership team.
Process & Procedures
- On call afterhours support and regular hour first level of escalation for severity 1 issues
- Involves all aspects of incident management above
- Collects all RCAs within the expected supplier turnaround time, manages the internal reviews with appropriate stakeholders, responds to supplier, implements action plans as applicable and communicates/shares RCA
- Ensures all process and procedure as updated, reviewed, signed off and uploaded to team SharePoint site
- Oversees incident management process documentation
- Reviews to ensure incident management tracker is updated and accurate
- Reports are run, reviewed and loaded to team SharePoint site
- Manages RCA central repository on team SharePoint site
SAS Application Support
- Provide support and guidance for Macro's/Standard Batch Processing, ID Set up and maintenance including participation of regular reviews and audits.
- Provides support for the oversight of Payment Card Team SharePoint site administration and accesses; managing regular audits.
- Assists Manager and at time leads with innovative solutions to Senior Management and Business Stakeholders for improving platforms, processes and controls.
- This role will also provide support and expertise to PCS Managers with respect to TSYS configuration questions and issues required for new or existing card programs. Included are TSYS environment improvements and conversion clean-up projects to improve overall functionality and support of PCS programs
- Provide recommendation for sign off of all TSYS configuration changes as applicable.
- Application Support for TSYS Standard Batch Files and DRFT5 Files.
- Support and Maintenance of SAS Application (Non-development).
Maintain all of the above with a customer focus ensuring that projects, productivity initiatives and BAU are executed in a seamless manner Qualifications Knowledge & Skills
- Expert knowledge of TSYS (TS2)
- Knowledge of SAS Program will be an asset
- Working knowledge of NCCS systems
- Working knowledge of CAMS systems
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint
- Strong customer focus skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
- Strong prioritization, organization and multitasking skills
- Strong information seeking skills
- Strong knowledge of Payment Card industry.
- Knowledge of Vendor processes
We're here to help
- Possesses a University degree in business, technology, engineering or any related field
- Possesses minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in a financial services technology environment, Experience in Cards and Payments, Customer Service, Fraud, Analytics, Inventory Management
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset .
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.