Senior Delivery Manager (Capital Markets)
Requisition ID: 60290
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
As the Senior Delivery manager you are accountable for ensuring that the business needs and outcomes of the project are met as per business case. You are responsible for the management of projects in a manner that optimizes ROI and ensures alignment with the organization's strategic objectives. You are expected to have extensive knowledge of the industry, proven experience managing multiple large complex projects, that have significant IT and operational components, and your business acumen is recognized by your business partners. What we are looking for?
Accountable for leading the delivery team in the following:
- Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
- Define project governance; identify senior stakeholders & sponsors to form a steering committee (should it be necessary). Work with Project Sponsor to prepare appropriate material for the Steering Committee.
- Work with Project Sponsor to establish and manage the scope of the project. Ensure Project Change Notifications are raised where necessary and approved. Identify impacts to the Sponsor.
- Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive and operating to common objectives and priorities.
- Motivate the Project Team and maintain the momentum of the project against background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities.
- Management of the delivery process, leading the development of a consolidated project plan with incorporates all business, technology and operational aspects of the project. Development of the project critical path such that priorities can be set and adjusted with awareness of the potential impact on quality, cost or timeliness. Ongoing communication of project status to key stakeholders.
- Proactively identify key project issues with the sun potential to impact project objectives and lead the team in developing creative/alternative solutions to mitigate the risk and satisfactorily address the issues in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Negotiation and management of contractual obligations with third parties.
- The position requires expert team building skills to create and sustain highly motivated groups with diverse and multifunctional reporting units, including external parties that are most often not within the incumbent's direct supervision. This includes maintaining the momentum of the project or program against the background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities
- In the context of managing programs, the position requires:
Are you the right person for the role?
- Identification and management of dependencies between individual projects in the program
- Identification and management of the overall critical path
- Sufficient understanding of the business environment in order to assess the impacts on multiple businesses and/or geographies, and establish project sequence and priority accordingly
- Understanding the technical environment in order to assess operational risk associated with various solution and implementation options.
What's in it for you?
- Seven to ten years IT management experience preferably in the financial services industry, managing large complex projects, that have significant IT and operational components
- Strong knowledge of project management and Agile software development methodologies
- Formal Project Management education, PMP and Scrum Master designation an asset
- Broad technology knowledge and leadership (existing systems and new technologies)
- Process knowledge (scheduling/budgeting/ /risk management)
- Good Facilitation, written, communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing risk management or capital market projects an asset
- A proven track record building relationships with senior management
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Manager, Consulting, Finance, Management, Technology