Requisition ID: 64831
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
The KX Regulatory Support team consists of professionals with in-depth knowledge of the business and IT systems. This team is in charge of providing Production Support to the KX system and for MiFID2 regulatory reporting. Workstreams currently supported by the KX system include Transaction Reporting, Post Trade Reporting, and Commodity Position Limit reporting. The users of the KX system are the Global Wholesale Operations (GWO) team in both London and Toronto. The KX team consists of both Business Analysts and KX developers.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer who can help develop, enhance and troubleshoot Java based solutions for the KX system within the Capital Market Risk Management area. The incumbent is responsible for current and future implementation projects within the group, introducing new technologies to meet business objectives and providing technical guidance to other members of the development team. What we are looking for?
In this role you will be responsible for developing code, reverse engineering legacy Java code, adding functionality and enhancements to risk platforms for MiFID II, and analyzing code to troubleshoot issues.
Are you the right person for the role?
- You should have a deep understanding of core Java, Spring, java-script, HTML, and J2EE standards, such as XML, Web-application Server, JSP, Servlets, AngularJS, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, and LDAP. Previous experience with Python and KDB would be a very strong nice to have.
- Solid full-stack core Java skills, and a willingness to learn front end or backend technologies that they are not familiar with to keep current on rapidly changing technological trends.
- Be able to assist project leader or Manager by supervising more junior staff, providing backup support to the project Leader or Manager, assisting with the development and monitoring progress against plan.
- Be responsible for user acceptance testing, pre-and-post production support, as well as system analysis, system documentation, and provides application support and coordination when application problems occurs.
- Have a strong passion for technology, and willingness to learn and enhance their skills.
- Be a driven, passionate Sr. Java Developer who has a knack for problem solving and a desire to learn new technologies.
What's in it for you?
- 5+ Years of experience with Core Java and UNIX/Linux
- 2+ Years of experience with Python Scripting
- Advanced knowledge with high performance complex event processing
- Experience building high availability system
- Strong knowledge and experience of SQL programing
- KDB+ programming experience is an asset
- Functional programming experience is an asset
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Programmer, Engineer, Web Design, Finance, Technology, Engineering, Creative