Senior IT Developer (RSA Archer)
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Applications & Systems Development
covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description
The RSA Archer developer will be responsible for the customization and development of the e-application system designs, programs, and codes software in response to specific business requirements. The developer must understand how to optimize multiple development efforts through the appropriate project design, database use and code creation. In addition, you will develop design specification in compliance with IT architecture. The candidate will need to be able to create a usable GUI as well as define and develop reporting capabilities.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Transform business requirements and research into winning delivery solutions that meet performance goals.
- Rigorously build and test applications.
- Perform systems administration: monitor, configure, back-up, authenticate, tune.
- Aim for defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Contribute to project plans, estimations and status updates.
- Identify issues, develop and maintain processes that address and resolve them, (and be sure to communicate/alert stakeholders as needed).
- Primarily focus on day-to-day activities.
- Make enhancements and troubleshoot.
- Configure and develop custom components with technology partners (analysts, developers, designers etc.) to meet requirements and goals.
- Ensure applications are free of common coding vulnerabilities (and follow standard security practices).
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives (e.g. development, testing solutions, and tools).
- Complete unit and integration testing per standards and design specs.
- Take part in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis.
- Respect TD's technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines.
- Stay on top of state-of-health monitoring and monthly SLA targets.
- Apply and share technical expertise during incident management life cycle (e.g. analyzes reports and outages, perform impact assessments, facilitate stakeholder communication).
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a governance, risk, and compliance role (GRC) and experience with the various modules of Archer. (Incident, threat, policy, risk, compliance, enterprise, business continuity, vulnerability risk, security operations, audit management etc.)
The successful candidate will be a committed team player possessing the following skills/competencies:
- 3+ years in RSA Archer experience.
- Prior experience in Audit, risk management, governance, IT security and / or compliance functions a plus
- Solid MS SQL Server 2008 development experience
- Experience working with Microsoft TFS
- Experience in identifying and resolving performance issues
- Comfortable working on large scale, multi-component complex distributed systems
- Ability to work independently with other areas/team members to meet deliverable requirements
- Experience and knowledge of SDLC
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff
- Highly organized, self-motivated, customer oriented
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.