Senior Manager, Testing Workforce
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The mandate of the Enterprise Test Office (ETO)
is to drive efficiencies through the modernization and standardization of quality practices, while enabling segments to achieve better risk outcomes and an improved customer and colleague experience. To effectively execute against the mandate, the ETO is comprised to the following 5 pillars: Practice, Reporting, Workforce, Tools and Advisory. This role will lead the Workforce Pillar. Job Description Job Overview
The Senior Manager, Testing Workforce will lead the development and execution of the enterprise QA/QE workforce strategy in alignment with enterprise initiatives to transform delivery. Your Accountabilities Include:
- Work with stakeholders to understand current landscape as well as planned initiatives to develop QA/QE/Software Engineering related skills and capabilities
- Develop a QA/QE related workforce strategy to support short-term and long-term enterprise goals
- Collaborate with Human Resources
- Domain expert in the development and update of related job families
- Develop career paths, learning paths and courses to support training and development needs
- Develop testing learning academy in alignment to the target capabilities
- Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders to ensure they are aware of significant changes in a timely manner
- Respond to inquiries and escalate concerns from stakeholders at all levels in the organization (technical, business, Senior and Executive Management)
- Provide advice and guidance to partners as required
- Assess talent for proficiency within defined competency areas
- Collaborate with appropriate partners to ensure required resources are available to support work and initiatives
- Generate cost estimates and provides general financial management, incorporating risk, by leveraging appropriate tools and templates
- Proactively identify and track risks and develop mitigation plans to manage risk
- Support vendor management and strategic sourcing process and partnering with vendor(s) to ensure efficient and effective delivery
Education / Accreditation:
- 7-10+ years in human resources/workforce management related roles (specialty in quality assurance/quality engineering/software engineering related jobs/roles preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of program/project/product delivery
- Experience in enterprise resource management, learning and development, performance management measurement approaches, certification approaches
- Exposure to financial management with respect to tracking, forecasting and managing budgets
- Team player with ability to influence and achieve results through effective negotiation, problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in presenting to senior level executives.
- University degree or comparable professional education/training
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.