Senior Network Security Analyst
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Network Security Analyst, you will provide consistent levels of organizational and technical expertise necessary for the successful implementation, maintenance and support of the critical network and security infrastructure services across all global RBC Intranet (Core, LAN/WAN, Server Farm), Internet (Surfing, E-commerce), and Extranet environments. The primary responsibilities of this role is to be part of the Firewall Infrastructure team that is responsible for security appliances/technologies such as CheckPoint, Palo Alto, Fortinet, F5 ASM/WAF, AlgoSec and support of additional technologies that protect RBC. To provide advanced level technical support for troubleshooting, and implementing configuration changes across a variety of vendor platforms. You will be regularly working with clients, business partners, escalation teams (implementation/engineering), and vendors to resolve incidents/problems, perform root cause analysis, and deliver infrastructure changes across the global RBC Enterprise (North & South America, Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific). What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have:
- Responsible for the day to day Level 2 Support for cyber and network security infrastructure (firewalls, intrusion/malware prevention, web firewalls, cloud security) globally
- Responsible for deployment and life cycle maintenance of CheckPoint, Palo Alto, Fortinet, F5 ASM/WAF, AlgoSec, FireEye, Cisco FirePower, Arbor AED
- Responding to network security event and incident escalations from the first-level support Service Desk, internal/external clients and business partners
- Work closely with DevOps/Automation teams to identify opportunities for automation, provide technical requirements and validate functionality before production
- Creating/improving support documentation and ensuring shift reports are documented and kept up-to-date for major network-related outages
- Participate in 24 x 7 on-call rotational shifts including evenings and nights
- Participating in meetings and training sessions to review and understand new technology and service deployments
- Certification in at least one of the firewall platforms and expert working experience working with the following network and security appliances/vendors: Firewalls (FireEye, Arbor, Cisco Firepower, Check Point, Palo Alto, Fortinet, F5 ASM/WAF, Cisco IOS & NX-OS based routers & switches
- Extensive experience with building and troubleshooting network security appliances
- Solid understanding and troubleshooting capability of L2/L3 protocols (ARP, HSRP, VRRP, STP, BGP, VRF, OSPF) in a Cisco environment
- Good understanding Knowledge of security concepts such as NAT/PAT, IPSEC, SSL, DDoS, IP Spoofing etc.
- Excellent understanding of the OSI model, application protocols such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, Telnet, SSH, TCP/IP, including packet inspection/protocol analysis using packet analyzers for troubleshooting
What's in it for you?
- Certifications like CISSP, Checkpoint and Cloud considered an asset
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, DevOps and Cloud practices
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Opportunities to work with the best in the field
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
330 Front St W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
199878 Ad Code(s):