Senior Technical Systems Analyst/ Application Developer
The Core Banking Integration team is looking for a Senior Technical Systems Analyst/Application Developer to join the fast paced and exciting world of application development. You will have the responsibility to deliver APIs/ services designed to resolve technical and business system needs while working closely with various partners across IT and business. Primary duties include design and development for applications in a WMB/IIB environment. You will be involved in all aspects of the development and or maintenance process including technical assessment, time and effort estimation, brainstorming with partners in largely Agile environment and providing the best possible solution. The preferred candidate would have experience with middleware technologies such as WMB/IIB and MQSeries, Cloud technologies like PCF and OpenShift as well as zO/S, ODM, Elastic and Machine Learning. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Design, code and document applications in a WMB/IIB10 environment
- Integration of IIB10 flows with mainframe or downstream systems via REST APIs and integration with Cloud (PCF/ OpenShift) or ODM interfaces
- Execute unit test, system and integration test
- Lead and mentor team members throughout the Project Lifecycle along with providing consulting services on new initiatives (small to large of varying complexity).
- Assess, research and analyze business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs and software Development Lifecycle deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security.
- Prepare high level and detailed technical specifications for small to medium projects in accordance with lifecycle, security and architecture documentation objectives.
- Together with Project Manager, determine best mix of development, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
- Occasional off-hours support.
- 7+ years of experience in an application development role
- Experience/Understanding with different design techniques/tools (e.g. OO. Top-down, structured analysis, component-based design), Middleware technologies - MQSeries, WMB/IIB, Cloud (Spring, PCF, OpenShift) and IBM ODM Operational Decision Manager)
- Worked with different programming language experience (e.g. ESQL,JCL, Java, C, XML, UML)
- Knowledge of REST, JDBC, JCA (Java Connector Architecture)
- Experience with AIX, Linux and Windows; DB/2 client/server & SQL Experience and/or Knowledge
- Experience/Understanding of 'Automated Build/Deploy process through Jenkins' and familiar or experience with the DevOps / Agile Methodology.
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of Search, Analytics and Machine Learning Tools (e.g., Elastic)
- Use of QA automation tools
- University/College Graduate, preferably graduate in computer science, finance, mathematics or physical sciences
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial service
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request. http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
88 Queens Quay West Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
10/20/2019 Req ID:
199322 Ad Code(s):