Requisition ID: 64935
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. OVERVIEW
The Enterprise Compliance and Regulatory Systems team is accountable for developing and supporting a number of compliance and risk management related systems within Enterprise Technology at the Bank. The team is seeking a full time Solution Developer to develop and support a number of web applications, content management systems (including SharePoint) within Enterprise Compliance and Regulatory Systems. The incumbent will be joining an agile team of highly capable solution developers / architects to deliver valuable solutions to the Business. WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, Enterprise Compliance and Regulatory Systems, the incumbent will be:
ARE YOU THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
- Design and development of high quality dashboards / reports using tools like MS SQL Server Reporting Services / MS PowerBI Reporting Services, Tableau desktop, Excel, PowerPivot. Develop custom reports, analytics and KPI's for the Business
- Developing SQL queries / ETL packages using T-SQL and SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) to extract data from source systems to integrate with data warehouse.
- Writing well-tested, maintainable code for Microsoft based web applications and systems within the team
- Developing and supporting server side code and web applications using Visual Studio / TFS
- Supporting, configuring and developing a number of Content Management Systems including SharePoint / Online
- Development of common, reusable components and services that support high throughput processing
- Code packaging and deployment of code to target server environments.
- Working as part of a dynamic Agile team and with the product owner to develop and deliver enhancements to the system and to manage and maintain the applications moving forward, participate in standups, design sessions, sprint planning, refinement sessions, demos, retrospectives
- Assist the client in the planning of overall application strategy, evolving functional and technical details of the project, improving software performance, scalability, stability and usability.
- Gather and document current and future state process flows, requirements / user stories, documenting databases, data process flows and maintain data dictionaries
- Complete testing to ensure high quality product for clients and train and assist users at all levels, work closely with the QA Team providing them support
- Develop and support other systems including dashboards / custom reports / ETL packages in T-SQL and SSIS for analytics solution as well as web applications for the Business, working with architect to integrate systems via REST API, database views, SharePoint lists, sFTP etc
- Fixing bugs fast and troubleshoot and resolve database and applications defects in a timely manner. Consult with internal and external groups as required
- Responsible for providing support and helping with the migration of systems and data to target state systems
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Experience in developing BI reports and completing ad hoc queries and data analysis required
- Experience with Microsoft BI stack SQL Server, T-SQL, developing ETL packages in SSIS for integration services, SSRS for reporting services, MS SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler required
- Must have 5 or more years of Web development experience with Responsive Design Bootstrap, HTML5 / CSS / JSON and REST API
- Must have 3 or more years of knowledge and experience on SharePoint On Premise or SharePoint Online including developing custom components, creating and configuring lists in SharePoint, simple workflows
- Must have 5 or more years of experience with MS SQL Server with SSRS / SSIS / T SQL
- Experience with SDLC methodologies required eg. Agile / Waterfall, Data modeling and experience with relational and no-sql databases, distributed, multi-tier applications.
- Experience capturing requirements from the Business users and documenting them as user stories or BRDs
- Experience with data visualization and dashboards / reports
- Experience developing BI reports / data analysis / Tableau or SSRS a plus, Microsoft BI stack SQL Server, T-SQL, SSRS, MS SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, data warehouse, ETL, SSIS, SSAS/cubes a plus
- Nice to have knowledge on Banking / Risk related systems
- Nice to have Experience developing code to consuming REST API services, integrating vendor package software, MS Azure Cloud services, Google Cloud Platform etc a plus
- Enjoy tackling new challenges, learning new skills and technologies to support the business, paying attention to details, and, ultimately, growing professionally.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences. Experience with business process mapping, requirements gathering, analysis, design and documentation. Highly motivated to work in a fast-paced environment and works well under pressure
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts, analyze problems and provide innovative solutions
- University Degree or Diploma in computer science or related discipline
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Web Design, Software Engineer, Technology, Finance, Creative, Engineering