- Toronto, ON, Kanada
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Software Engineer, Toronto
Standort: Toronto, ON, KanadaAs a Software Engineer you will be part of an actuarial team working with actuarial programmers to build new features in a high-performance computing application. You will also be responsible for assisting with ongoing maintenance of the code and assisting internal clients with issues related to AXIS.
Your role will entail working independently alongside actuaries and system developers:
- Programming complex data structures and conversions
- Profiling and optimizing routines to make them run magnitudes faster
- Assisting actuarial programmers with writing scalable and robust code
- Designing and implementing new features for AXIS in the user interface and database areas
- Liaising between system developers and actuarial programmers
- Troubleshooting issues for internal clients
- Testing and reconciling new features
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Strong hands on experience in C++ development
- Excellent understanding of algorithm designs
- Experience in database technologies and SQL knowledge, an asset
- Experience in or exposure to embedded database engines, an asset
- Prior experience developing financial applications in the actuarial field, an asset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.