Systems Design - Software Engineer
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
A Software Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities with little to moderate guidance of more senior team members.
- Take ownership of stories and interpret business requirements for these stories with the assistance of project managers.
- Design and implement new features in product and improve existing features as required.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Provide input into technical design, at the story and/or module level.
- Comply with coding standards.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Review code of other team members.
- Mentor Associate Software Engineers.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions, Masters degree is a plus.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented design and development
- 3+ years of professional software development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Willing to learn new technologies; capable of self-directed learning.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and independently manage time
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Has superb analytical skills and persistence in problem solving.
- Experienced in Programming Languages: C#, C++, Visual Basic, etc.
- Experienced in Development tools: Visual Studio.
- Experienced in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
- Experienced in Cloud Services: Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform.
- Experienced in Application Frameworks & Engines: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WEB API, Microsoft WPF/WCF/WWF, Linq, Unity, Entity Framework, SharePoint, Microsoft Enterprise Library, MFC etc.
- Solid knowledge of database technologies (database design principles, SQL, DAO, ADO, ODBC, OLE DB), familiar with NoSQL databases
- Experienced with Databases and Programming for: MS SQL Server, MS Access, etc.
- Experienced in Others: TFS, SVN, Git, etc.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, place of origin, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from Aboriginal persons, members of a visible minority group, persons with a disability, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and women.
Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly evaluate accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.