Account Manager, Korea
- Seoul, Sŏul-t'ŭkpyŏlsi, Korea
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- IHS Markit
- 19 Nov 18
Account Manager, Korea
This role is responsible for developing and maintaining long-term, sustainable, senior client relationships with our key Financial Institution clients in Korea. Responsibility extends to driving revenue opportunities and pipeline creation for both Financial Markets and Corporate products into all of IHS Markit's financial customers. The successful candidate should be a proven sales person / account manager with a broad range of experience within a sales environment.
Duties & accountabilities
This role is integral to the broader team structure and will work closely with all product and sales heads regionally & globally and other sales and account managers.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Development and execution of Account Management strategy
- Generation of pipeline from new and existing clients customers, including forming alliances/partnerships where relevant.
- Relationship management, ensuring communication is maintained with all accounts at the management & executive level to enhance opportunities to generate new business across IHS Markit product lines defined in the sales plan
- Listen and identify the customer needs and highlight any cross selling opportunities to relevant sales specialist team. For multi-product opportunities, coordinate the relevant sales people to deliver the client solution
- Take ownership of customer issues within region in partnership with sales specialist / product / account management team
- Maintain knowledge of all IHS Markit products and services
- Actively participate and drive activities such as sales conferences and special events, sales collateral production, client entertainment, association memberships to maximize sales revenue and retention
- The candidate will have significant proven sales experience which will ideally have been gained from a data, financial software or banking background
- Significant experience selling in to and holding existing relationships within financial institutional clients
- Strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple sales in parallel, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- A proven track record in generating pipeline
- Ability to meet internal/external deadlines
- Ability to listen, learn quickly and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to present and negotiate with senior level management and manage
- Managing complex relationships with a main objective of increasing revenue streams year-on-year and building pipeline
- Able to stay abreast of industry developments
- Capable of taking on greater / broader responsibilities in the future
- Able to organise self and others, including effective prioritisation
- Clearly communicates expectations and accountabilities.
- Must be credible and confident in a high pressure environment and be able to drive and manage senior level meetings
- Track record of identifying and analyzing problems, identifying and evaluating options, deploying sound decision making skills
- Proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first class customer service internally and / or externally
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
- Needs to build internal relationships as well as external ones.
- Able to positively engage with, and contribute to, the wider global team
- Comfortable taking ownership for work whilst working effectively within a team
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly changing environment
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.