AML Oversight Manager
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee ( Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will act as first line AML/CTF control to ensure that Northern Trust Global Services (NTGS) SE business units do effectively comply in their operational processes with the NTGS SE AML/CTF policy in regards to NTGS SE direct clients, including the clients of NTGS SE branches. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintain, develop and amend when necessary our operational procedures, processes, tools and databases to ensure effective compliance.
- Oversee and ensure that the delegates managing the outsourced activities in line our Northern Trust (NT) policies.
- Implement service descriptions for all NT locations providing AML services to NTGS SE (including its branches);
- Implement KPIs for each of the locations mentioned above concerning NTGS direct clients.
- Perform sample tests on a regular basis on these AML services performed by other NT locations .
- Review completeness and accuracy of the AML/CTF KYC documents for each new client.
- Present these KPIs, test results and escalate any issue to the NTGS SE outsourcing committee.
- Build a 1rst line NTGS SE AML/CTF report showing accounts not in good order and their evolution from quarter to quarter to be tabled at NTGS SE monthly MRC.
- Review and validate each 6-month post fund launch check made by the Relationship Managers.
- Provide advice and support to all the participants in the AML/CTF control chain, in particular to the client relationship managers, on AML/CTF matters.
- Contribute to develop AML/CTF training material to ensure optimal level of understanding of regulatory requirements internally.
- Act as the 1rst line privileged contact point for the Relationship Managers and the different delegates.
- Ensure that the daily AML/CTF data is effectively communicated to the CSSF with a high quality delivery.
- Escalate to NTGS SE MLRO and COO any issues in regards to the effectiveness.
Working with Us:
- The ideal candidate will have strong experience working within the financial services industry in Luxembourg, within a Compliance / Anti Money Laundering environment at a similar level of responsibility;
- In depth knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering Legislations of Luxembourg, Anti-Fraud Procedures and other relevant regulations
- Ability to interpret AML / Fraud / Sanctions / Financial Crime regulations and assess impact to existing AML Ops processes to implement improvement to financial crime systems and controls;
- Strong knowledge of the Luxembourg regulatory framework, rules, legislation and guidance in relation to all Financial Crime matters;
- Able to present issues and recommendations to senior management in governance forums in a coherent and pragmatic manner.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.