If you are an English & German speaking fund lawyer, with between 3 to 6 years' experience practicing in Luxembourg funds with a law firm or an asset manager, read on!
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing asset manager, in a prime city-centre location. If you are an English & German speaking fund lawyer, with between 3 to 6 years' experience practicing in Luxembourg funds with a law firm or an asset manager, read on! Our client is highly international and focuses primarily on real estate investments, with several American and German investment vehicles.
You will work in a supportive senior legal director, in a small team of professionals. This is a varied role, being involved in:
- The set-up, onboarding and administration of alternative investment funds
- Structuring and launch new investment products, reviewing relevant documents
- Supporting senior management on relevant legal issues
- Drafting a broad range of legal documentation, such as fund offering documents, JVs, contracts with external service providers, etc.
- Provide support on transaction structuring, financing and cross border transactions, etc.
- Working on new alternative investment fund projects, supporting business development for new products
- Providing some corporate law support on transactions
- Assist the Conducting Officer with oversight activities
- ·Advising on regulatory changes, and on obligations under AIFMD to ensure compliance
This fantastic opportunity could suit someone coming from a top-tier law firm with asset management clients, or you may already be in a similar in-house role. You will work in a supportive team with experienced colleagues in an English-speaking environment, but excellent German skills are important!
To be successful in this role, you will need the following attributes:
- A legal education - minimum Law degree, ideally with qualification to an EU Bar or the CCDL
- Excellent English and German language skills
- Experience in a law firm in funds or in an asset manager, working on substantive legal issues
- Have between 3 - 6 years relevant experience in Luxembourg AIF Funds
- Have an excellent understanding of Luxembourg fund regulations
- Be proactive and have excellent communication skills
- Have previous experience working in a team environment