Head of Regulatory Compliance
Job Description & Responsibilities
Qualification & Skills
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer and act as reference on key regulatory areas
- Contribute to the definition and production of the relevant management information in relation to Compliance Monitoring & Testing
- Responsible for outsourcing oversight of compliance tasks
- Contribute to Exchange Membership Applications, questionnaires, updates
- Implement and analyse regulatory changes, update policies as needed to reflect changes in applicable laws
- Support design of the Compliance Monitoring Plan and be responsible for execution of the annual program for Luxembourg, including execution of thematic reviews and permanent controls covering various themes and requirements (conflicts of interest, complaints handling,,...)
- Work with IB's Group to calibrate and implement procedures
- Maintain and develop reporting on all compliance risk issues
- Help craft written instructions for programmers and technology staff to comply with applicable compliance guidelines and rules
- Draft and implement firm policies and written supervisory procedures
- Develop and implement remedial action plans in response to internal and external audit findings
- identify new EU and Luxembourg applicable laws, regulations and other regulatory texts ("the regulations") impacting IB
- Keep up to date with changes in market conduct regulations and other relevant areas of law and regulations
- Liaising with the CSSF and other carrying out other relevant regulatory filings
- Contribute to the training plan relating to the Compliance topics
- At least 5 years' experience in compliance, preferably at a large broker or other financial institution with a European customer base or an EU regulator
- Solid knowledge of EU market conduct rules and market regulations
- High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgment
- Ability to work in a small-team environment and to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Strong background in compliance preferred
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 ) For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info