- Luxemburg, Luxembourg
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Riverbank SA
- 19 Feb 18
IT Systems and Application Support Administrator
RiverBank S.A. is looking for an experienced IT Systems and Application Support Administrator to complete its IT department. Responsibilities include monitoring the performance of the Bank’s IT systems and infrastructure, including maintenance and upgrades, and providing overall support to the Bank’s employees.
RiverBank is a specialised lender dedicated to financing Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) with an initial focus on the Benelux and Germany. RiverBank received a full European Banking Licence from the European Central Bank in March 2017.
RiverBank’s mission is to combine the best of the fintech and banking world. As experienced bankers, we commit the bank's balance sheet to grant loans which we analyse using a fundamental credit approach. As a fintech player, we use a network of advisors, banks and accountants to digitally source, process and monitor the loans we originate.
The mission of the IT department at RiverBank is to provide all the IT and communication tools, both functional and technical, that are necessary for the Bank to conduct its business. It must make sure that the IT and communication environment of the Bank meets the required standards in terms of security, integrity, availability and confidentiality to comply not only with regulatory requirements but also with the expectations of the Bank’s clients and employees.
The IT department currently consists of three permanent positions: the CTO, one developer and one existing IT systems and infrastructure administrator. It also relies on a number of partners for the management of outsourced services.
The IT systems and application administrator reports directly to the CTO. He/She is responsible to monitor the performance of the Bank’s IT systems and infrastructure, including maintenance and upgrades of core systems, and to provide support to the Bank’s employees to solve their daily technical issues with software.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide day to day IT support across all departments of the company
- Perform maintenance of IT systems (application support)
- Monitor IT performance and security metrics
- Liaise with 3rd party to solve issues or manage upgrade/install
- Follow up of tickets entered into the tracking system (GLPi)
- Enquire and report IT-related incidents in the incident management tool
- Develop training materials and procedures, as well as give training sessions
- Weekend on-call support might occasionally be required
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Windows 2012 R2 and VMware vSphere infrastructure
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Knowledge of Linux and Shell is a plus
- Hands on working experience in implementing and maintaining infrastructure of an Enterprise Data Center using VMWare
- Cybersecurity training and good practices for system administrator
- Good communication skills to include documentation of IT procedures
- Basic knowledge of TEMENOS T24 is a plus
- Problem solver
- Ability to work in a team
- Fluent in English