HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of HSBC, is headquartered in London. HSBC serves customers worldwide from offices in 64 countries and territories in our geographical regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and North Africa. With assets of $2,715bn at 31 December 2019, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through three global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Wealth & Personal Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to our HSBC Investment Funds (Luxembourg) SA Senior Operations Manager, you will have to:
- Manage the Central Administration and Custody oversight process,
- Monitor the activities of our delegates (including delegated Investment Managers) in line with the CSSF and CBI guidelines for the HSBC Investment Funds (Luxembourg) S.A. Funds with a particular focus on Closed-Ended Alternative Investment products.
- Be responsible for the supervision and monitoring of the delegated functions.
- Partner with HIFL’s delegates, legal, compliance and operations to ensure that the management company complies with regulatory requirements, due diligence policies and HIFL internal rules and procedures.
- Administration, investigation and resolution of Transfer Agent, Administrator and Custodian queries as well as managing queries of the AMG Investment Management and Distribution offices;
- Work closely with TA, Administrator and Custodian to ensure timely and accurate processing and settlement of transactions in accordance with the Service Level Agreement;
- Assist in developing measures to align Management Company services to meet future client, regulatory and business needs;
- Assist in implementation of operational best practices and HSBC Global Standards;
- Report to Manager on service level achievements and key performance indicators on a routine basis including input to the monthly and quarterly reports to the Management Committee and Boards;
- Develop and improve appropriate key controls for each Funds within the framework of procedures;
- Develop and maintain governance oversight over all operational aspects of the funds;
- Assist in outsource monitoring of HIFL’s service providers and to maintain a robust vendor management programme;
- Have a risk management mind-set - monitor and enhance the controls of delegated and outsourced provider activities – be involved in client service level reviews, setting up/monitoring KPI/SLAs, reporting on incident review;
- Assist HIFL and the Conducting Officers in their responsibility for complying with all relevant Regulations, HSBC Group policies and other regulatory requirements in relation to oversight obligations;
- Assist with due diligence reviews of outsourced service providers in compliance with:
- CSSF outsourcing guidance requirements and HSBC Outsourcing and Vendor management Policy
- CBI Fund Administration Outsourcing guidance
- The terms of services agreements
- Assistance with the preparation of new distribution agreements where appropriate;
- To review, maintain and update procedures to ensure they reflect current practices in line with HSBC Policy and Standards.
- To take responsibility for the collection and onward reporting of reports and management information from service providers, including following up on action points as required;
- Manage, in conjunction with Line Manager, operational changes to product features, including project definition and management
Professional Skills and Experience
- Education to degree level in a quantitative subject (maths, finance, accounting)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in funds services, with proven knowledge of Transfer Agency, Custody and Fund Administration Good knowledge of the Luxembourgish and Irish market.
- Must have experience in operations of closed-ended Alternative Funds products
- Knowledge of the Asset Management business
- Experience in Luxembourg and Irish alternative investments products regulatory requirements
- Experience in managing/overseeing third party service providers and administrators
- Knowledge of Operational Risk Frameworks and Controls within an Institutional operating environment
- Experience in outsource management
- Outstanding communication skills, capable of dealing with clients and intermediaries at all levels;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure, while maintaining close attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with a positive and pro-active ‘can do’ attitude;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Confidence to interact with and influence Senior Management.
- Commercially aware and solutions focused.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all areas of the business.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge to enhance the commercial success of HIFL and to educate the business, appropriately.
- Demonstrable ability and drive to raise standards and make an impact on the compliance culture across the business.
- Proficient in Excel and experience of working with proprietary and vendor operational systems
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Any other European language would be an advantage.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English), and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org