Supervisor, Production Assurance
What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographical time zones. Malaysia is one of two operational processing hubs that supports Custody - Transaction Management; Settlements; NAV Production; Fund Reporting; Shareholder Services; Global Fund Platform Services; Data Service Delivery; Entitlements - income and corporate actions and Reconciliations. The country employs a Global Operating Model to maximise efficiencies across times zones and supports a 24/5 operational capability. The objectives for Malaysia are to enhance the scalability of our global operations, improve service quality via our 'centres of excellence' and to implement/leverage standard processes globally
The Production Assurance will act as a business expert to the Client Operations departments, namely Transaction Management, Shareholder Services , Fund Accounting and Middle Office. They will be to manage and implement a wide range of tasks, including technical support, process improvements, global and local projects, testing, designing and delivering technical training. The Production Assurance is also responsible for reviewing and challenging the risk and control framework and must also ensure delivery versus timelines and that the company governance frameworks are adhered to. You will be supporting a global team, flexibility will be required to support business needs. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Extensive experience in the Financial industry with good business acumen, in which includes sound technical knowledge/experience in the Securities Services industry which typically encompass the Custody & Fund/Trust Services.
- Experience in managing project implementation and understanding the natural progression of a project (from Planning to Implementation) will be an advantage
- Good knowledge about Fund Industry, products and Financial Markets in general
- Good combination of technical knowledge on the market practise for transactions & market settlements (Custody), calculating Net Asset Value & preparing financial statements (FA) and fund capital movement & settlement timelines (TA)
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS and country specific accounting standards) would be an advantage
- Knowledgeable in geography's regulatory environment
- At least with 4-6 years related experience
- Sound planning and organization, management skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Stakeholder Management - Independent, confident, self-motivated, pro-active and mature
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
What's in it for you?
- Good networking and client relationship
- Computer literacy
- Macro / VBA / Coding skills will be an advantage
- Willing to take on new challenges and work under pressure
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded