• To answer and escalate all IT inbounds calls within the Groups Service Level Agreement.
• Provide Tier1 hardware, software, network and mobility support for all IT Customers.
• Escalate issues to Team Leader or other IT Support Group where incident or request/tasks cannot be solved or delivered.
• To perform on-boarding/off-boarding and account management.
• Maintain a tidy and structured working environment.
• Comply with policies, standards, process and procedures.
• To assist team leaders with activities as required. Job Knowledge and Experience
• Good and general working knowledge of Windows operating systems, IOS/Windows/Android mobile platform, Microsoft Office products, desktop & laptop hardware and peripheral equipment together with some networking knowledge specific to LAN/WAN and Cisco products.
• Positive attitude, team player and keen to support customers towards achieving 1st Class Customer Service.
• Self-motivated, organized and patient problem solver.
• Technically sound with the ability to achieve competency for knowledge sharing.
• Ability to work alone and without direct supervision.
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Exposure and experience supporting global customers covering APAC, EMEA and AMER
• Knowledge in ticketing platform, eg SNOW is a plus
• Experience in using remote tools such as SCCM, Bomgar, RDP and etc..
• Hands on experience deployment tools like SCCM, Tivoli.
• Mobility technologies such Windows CE, Android, IOS and MDM
• Well verse in windows OS, win 10 is a plus
• Well verse in Microsoft box office such as office 2016 and Office 365.
• Any other desktop technologies such as PGP, BYOD, BitLocker and etc..
• Active participation and engagement in team activity at global and Penang site level.
• 24x7 shift rotation is MANDATORY.
• Ability to support in Mandarin language is an advantage but not MANDATORY.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.