- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 16 Jan 19
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Job Description
Post contract award (Day 2) supplier lifecycle management activities in accordance with the Group's Vendor Service Risk (VSR) Policy and Standards. Ensuring that the organisation extracts the full value from its supplier engagements by driving service quality and effectively managing risks throughout the supplier lifecycle.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of the Bank's technology contracts and suppliers through collaboration with Service Domain Leads and diverse stakeholders.
- Lead, develop and manage relationship of strategic vendors that deliver high risk product and service categories to the Bank, which may involve cross-functional teams and multiple lines of business.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of vendors and contracts through proactive engagement and on-going management and segmentation of contracts to enable implementation of key controls, risk mitigation and performance management in accordance to the service levels and contractual terms and conditions.
- Act as the primary liaison between vendors and end users - facilitate meetings and communications between vendors and cross-functional stakeholders to drive the best outcome for the Bank.
- Coordinate and execute programmes and procedures to ensure proper documentation is completed and implemented for high criticality contracts in adherence to the Bank's policies on vendor risk. management and to meet regulatory requirements, e.g. annual due diligence, compliance audits, etc.
- Provide guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations as required by the business.
- Management and reporting of compliance to contract milestones. Ensuring strict contractual scope bounding is maintained, and protect against any leakage in financial commitments, quality of service delivery or contractual loopholes.
- Work closely with the contract manager or service owner(s) to ensure commercial terms and objectives are delivered throughout the term of the contract.
- Manage the contract change procedures, interfacing with Global Supply Chain Management and Group Legal as necessary, negotiate minor changes and coordinate major changes required to the contracts such as re-baselining / repricing and benchmarking exercises.
- Support business efficiency programmes, cost savings initiatives and other contract or supplier rationalisation as part of transformation or continuous improvement to drive best value for the service.
- Collaborate with Global Category Managers for negotiation and extension or renewal of the current contracts and its volume-dependent price elements
- Monitor delivery of contractual obligations, working with Supply Chain Management, Legal & Compliance and other SCB functions as appropriate to resolve commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope via commercial governance.
- To ensure that all environments supported by the team conform to Audit, GIS and Group IT Standard. Involvement in all audits (internal & external) & regulatory reviews and assist Risk and Compliance teams to follow-up on audit observations for closure in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Country Technology Manager, Group Compliance & Country Compliance, as and where necessary to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations as advice by Country Compliance & Group Compliance .
- Act as part of virtual team, developing full awareness of all contract issues, resulting in a "no surprises" outcome to senior stakeholders and to provide feedback to Category Managers to improve on the sourcing strategies based on inputs from suppliers, market intelligence and lessons learned.
Our Ideal Candidate - Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Desired education - Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering or related field. At least 5 years with Commercial, Finance, Sales, Procurement/Supply Chain, Contract Management and/or IT project delivery background with proven track record of managing contracts or suppliers with spend of > USD 10 mil. Experience in stakeholder management up to CxO levels internally and externally with suppliers in complex business environment Good commercial acumen, interpersonal and communications skills and negotiation skills to influence and align demands, drive change and deliver the results. High integrity, self-motivated and ability to identify problems, contribute, propose solutions and follow-up diligently towards resolution. Team player and able to learn quickly and work effectively across multiple organisations in a global team. Sound knowledge of technology sourcing and contracting methodology, e.g. requirement analysis or scope definition, services/tender evaluation, legal-commercial principles and contract variations. Preferably with some level of familiarity with IT environment, emerging technologies and IT standards, policies and procedures and project management framework. Able to perform analysis and reports, and develop plan to address challenges, opportunities and synergies with a strategic mindset for the various lines of business as an Enterprise. Good command of written and spoken English. Risk management skills, specifically related to third parties would be ideal.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.