Customer Name Screening Team Lead
The Name Screening Team Lead is responsible to ensure consistent and effective application and implementation of policies, procedures and processes related to Customer Name Screening when assessing AML/CFT and Sanctions risk exposure to manage and mitigate those risks and protect the franchise. This role is also responsible for establishing internal strategies to manage operational planning, team performance and is expected to perform all applicable management tasks.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a team of Name Screening analysts, including training and guiding the team.
- Monitor and improve the productivity of the Name Screening analysts.
- Allocate and manage the Name Screening alerts among the team members.
- Monitors and ensure timely escalation of alerts to the appropriate parties for further review.
- Participate in AML related projects, if required.
- Assist to maintain audit-ready state by meeting Name Screening standards and stipulated procedure.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding OCBC, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to all relevant Standards, Guidelines and Procedures in the review and closure/ escalation of Name Screening alerts, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- A good university degree with min 5 years of work experience in a banking and financial institution with specialisation in AML/CFT, KYC/CDD/EDD or Compliance.
- Candidate must possess strong attention to detail, research, analytical and investigation skills.
- Proficient in writing with strong communication, people management and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven with high level of initiative and follow-through skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Knowledge of AML regulations, trends and ACAMS Certification (an advantage).