Data and Analytics Manager - Wealth and International
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. Wealth and Personal Banking
is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers' needs.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Wealth and Personal Banking team in the role of Data & Analytics Manager - Wealth & International
working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets. Pricipal Responsibilities:
This is a key position to manage end-to-end data & analytics initiatives from ideation, design & development, deployment & commercialization in an agile working model. Primarily responsible to drive business analytics on product development/redesign across all WPB Wealth products and assess the impact of changes in pricing and marketing programs for business profitability
- Develop predictive models and segmentation models for the purpose of improving customer relevancy and experience
- Leverage existing data and identify new data sources to drive proposition development
- Monitor and assess portfolio performance and actively identify portfolio opportunities or risks
- Establish a robust tracking discipline to compare and share best practices across countries
- Support Customer Relationships Management in developing key lifecycle contact journeys
- Lead a dedicated team as well as project-manage other analytic resources at country and region level
- Create an environment where analytics capability is increased to identify and drive increased revenue generation from customer data to support Retail Banking and Wealth Management products and propositions
- Deliver initiatives across Wealth products to increase revenue, product penetration to satisfy customer needs while optimizing customer engagements
- Partnering with diverse business functions and WPB Malaysia business entities as well as country / regional analytics teams to identify & prioritize opportunities where Data & Analytics can add value; and provide analytics solutioning / quick prototypes that are relevant to business needs in the areas of (not limited to) persona development, signal / propensity based targeting, data-driven personalization & messaging capability, full cycle leads targeting, execution and tracking capability, sales management analysis and process improvement, etc
- Manage end-to-end data & analytics initiatives from ideation, design & development, deployment & commercialization in an agile working model; able to manage / influence a wide range of partners / stakeholders from technology, business owners as well as senior management
- Translate highly complex analytics solutions to business language, & proactively manage business stakeholders to maximize value from analytics initiative
- Drive commercialization of analytics solutions by defining and tracking value-add in tangible, quantifiable measure such as incremental revenue generation, or cost avoidance, or cost reduction, etc
- Actively connect dots and identify risks / challenges / gaps and provide effective problem solving in complex projects where data & analytics play significant roles
- Mine through large data sets to uncover trends, insights, and opportunities and apply relevant analytical methods / algorithms to get actionable insights from HSBC's internal (both structured and unstructured) and external data sources
- Delivering modelling/analytics to support securities portfolios decision making
- Work with Data Engineering team (including performance of User Acceptance Tests) to ensure data quality in Data Warehouse is always maintained. This includes: overseeing any deployment of new data to data warehouse and guiding data engineering team to perform logic rectification if there are errors.
- Deploy new or tweak existing business intelligence dashboards to help organization move towards self-sufficiency when making decisions based on data
- Manage requests of reporting (internal and regulatory), campaign roll-out and campaign fulfilment from relevant internal stakeholders.
This role will be critical to co-lead messaging and customer engagement initiatives (Next Best Action programme) as well as Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) capabilities, which are multi-million $ investments. Qualifications Requirements:
- Experience in the Financial Service or Banking sector
- Minimum 5 years of experience of using statistical concepts and (or) machine learning models to solve complex business problems
- Degree qualification in a relevant business discipline, Economics, Marketing, Math, Statistics or other quantitative fields of study
- Proficiency in SAS / R, Python, Spark or other Data Science Languages
- Exposure to building statistical and (or) ML models for solving diverse business challenges and creating significant business value
- Knowledge and exposure to cloud analytics platform such as GCP, AWS Redshift, Azure etc. would be a plus but not mandatory
- Enthusiasm for proactively seeking, exploring and developing use cases for new data and/or tools/wider industry trends
- Strong business acumen with out-of-the box thinking to drive improved business performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop and effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas
- Experience in solving business problems end to end from conceptualisation to final insight delivery & benefit quantification
- Exposure to building mathematical optimization solutions & scenario models would be desirable
- Strong analytical skills with hands on experience in various statistical modelling algorithms and its applications to business problems. Knowledge of forecasting, finance modelling techniques and machine learning algorithms is required.
- Proven experience leading analytics, Customer Relationships Management and business intelligence organizations in the Retail Banking industry
- Experience of working across senior levels of the organization to drive and influence change
- Solid understanding of Propositions and Wealth Products for Retail customers