About the Role
In line with team objectives, policies and procedures, to advise, lead, control and follow through design, development of specifications, coding, testing and maintenance of high quality application software, tools and development projects.
We are looking for a software engineer who strives for quality when bringing true value and an exceptional user experience to our customers to join our On-Premises tribe at SWIFT, the tribe developing on-premises products that connect businesses to financial networks globally.
Based in our Kuala Lumpur office, you will be working alongside a dynamic team that is fully responsible for end to end value delivery for our customers - from customer engagement to customer support. What to expect:
What will make you successful:
- You will design, develop, test (including automated integration and regression) and integrate new features, components and improvements for the SWIFT product "AMH".
- You will use a range of proven technologies (Java on both Linux & Windows environment, GWT) to drive true value to our customers.
- You will have the opportunity to develop yourself and others in an agile environment; covering software architecture, development, quality assurance, security, operations and IT infrastructure aspects.
- You will work in an international environment with main hubs across three continents. We have global reach and impact but operate fast as we are a relatively small company.
Technical skills & knowledge
- Minimum 2 to 5 years experience in systems development
- University degree in computer science or related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Autonomous, driven, with strong ability to quickly adapt and respond to change.
- Customer oriented and quality mindset - we continually strive to deliver true customer value.
- Open-minded, solutions oriented, and a true team player - gaining energy through collaboration with others.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Java 11 programming language
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- Familiar with SQL and databases such as Oracle
- Knowledge of continuous delivery processes, tools and technologies (e.g.
- Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, git, BitBucket, jira, confluence) is a plus.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Azwan Ali - Engineering Chapter Lead (Hiring Manager)
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.