Developer Technology & Operations
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 11 Dez 18
Developer Technology & Operations
Business Title: Senior java developer
The successful candidate will have experience working on Agile team (Scrum/Kanban) in the concept, design, development, enhancement, unit testing, debugging and implementation of software applications using JAVA/J2EE/Spring, Oracle DB and Web Services. Possesses strong knowledge of Agile and DevOps process and tools required for this position.
· Design, develops, enhances, debugs and implement software applications using SDLC best practices in an Agile environment.
· Troubleshoots production problems related to existing software applications.
· Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish a task.
· Ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
· Plans and lead major technology assignments.
· Researches, designs, develops, tests, builds and co-ordinates the conversion and/or integration of software products based on business requirements.
· Consults Agile team (developer/tester) and product owner to identify application requirements/design/solutioning/testing.
· Addresses problems of system integration, compatibility and multiple platforms.
· Performs feasibility analysis on potential future application projects to management.
· Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of applications software packages, application integration and testing tools.
· Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
· Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics wherever applicable.
· Participates in development of software user manual, technical reports (design/interface document) and release plan (implementation/deployment plan)
· Raise change and participate in implementation.
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS - training, licenses, memberships and certifications
· Information Technology/Computing
Experience and Skills:
· 8+ year of software development with hands-on experience in Java/J2EE platforms.
· Must have a robust understanding of Java and a in-depth understanding of other Java technologies, including JSP, JMS, Struts, Oracle, SQL, Stored Procedures, Linux, Spring, Hibernate, Web services and Angular JS/Jquery.
· Knowledge & experience in Tomcat/JBOSS, Unix shell scripting and AWS.
· Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc) and writing REST API (nice to have).
· Possesses strong programming. debugging, documentation, testing & problem-solving skills.
· Experience in continuous integration tools like Jenkins and version controls like GitHub/SVN etc. JSON and XML messaging.
· Perform comprehensive unit testing using Junit and ensure code quality with Sonar Qube.
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
· Ability to multi-tasks as well as be strategic, creative and innovative and dynamic, fast paced and complex environment.
· Ability to work independently as well as contributing member of the team.
· Proven ability to complete goals/projects on time delivering high quality results.
· Hands on experience with Agile methodologies and practices.
· Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
· Strong sense of personal accountability; contributes beyond job role and responsibilities.
· Excellent problem solving skills; meticulous and methodical.
· Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed.
· Proven ability to translate complex business requirements into simple software solutions.
· Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices (SDLC and Agile).
· Full lifecycle development experience on large complex projects.
· Banking experience in Wealth Management domain.