GT D&I - Data Technology Delivery - BDW Support 1
Banking Data Warehouse support role with a reporting line to the Technical Lead as part of the Data and Information department reporting structure. Key Responsibilities *
- Assume program enhancement tasks as instructed by supervisors.
- Support and monitor the day-to-day Banking Data Warehouse (BDW) operations
- To resolve application errors/bugs and incidents when necessary
- To ensure all responses are within predefined SLA
- To ensure issues are identified, reported, tracked and closed in a timely manner
- To brainstorm and work with maintenance and support members to further improve the operational processes
- To perform follow-up with required parties for closure
- To work with development team for new application support handover with proper documentation, training and guidance
- To perform follow-up on the service request closure and purchase acquisition preparation for chargeback
- To regularly update management via established reporting templates for progress updates.
- To ensure systems/application documentation is kept up-to-date.
- Assume responsibility for tasks as directed by supervisors.
- Ensure compliance to IT standards, SDLC standards, policies and procedures.
(Basic Degree/Diploma etc)
A recognized Diploma / Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or its equivalent.
Professional Qualification and/or Regulatory, Licensing requirements
Relevant Work Experience
Required Competencies and Skills *
- 3 - 5 years experience in SDLC processes and application development.
- Experience in application support preferably in a banking environment
- Experience in Unix Scripting and troubleshooting will be an advantage
- Experience and familiarity in using ETL tools such as DataStage, QualityStage, Informatica, DTS, SSIS, Informatica, Teradata etc will be an advantage.
- Familiar with database SQL statement such as Oracle, DB2, MS SQL and other relational database command
(Essential to succeed in this job)
Familiarity with any of the databases - IBM DB2, Oracle and MSSQL
Personal skills (Soft Competencies [Core/Leadership])
Good analytical, technical, written and communication skills Ability to work as a team Ability to work under pressure Highly result oriented and can work independently Willing to work on shifts Willing to take up support over weekend and public holidays on rotation basis with team members