IT Project Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
IT Project Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Within HSBC Technology and Services, Global Software Delivery enables HSBC to remain at the leading edge in the development and delivery of high-quality, customised banking systems. The division provides tailored, cost-competitive and robust banking solutions and services that offer a flexible and scalable framework for delivering projects on time, within budget and at the highest quality, meeting both the current and future IT challenges facing the Group.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of IT Project Manager (GCB 5)
Project Leads are involved at all stages of the project lifecycle - change initiation, design and delivery, through to benefits realisation and will support of more senior project managers. They may be located in BAU teams as well as Project teams. Project Leads may have any direct reports and may be supported by Business Analysts, PMO staff or admin support staff.
- Ensures the analysis and interpretation of comprehensive information in order to provide commercially viable and sustainable solutions
- Job holder is expected to closely keep abreast with new technological developments so as to be able to develop technical solutions to ensure improve of productivity and operation efficiency and assist business unit in meeting their business targets and objectives;
- Define the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
- Manage delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, communications, budget and risks.
- Define resource needs, responsibilities and schedules.
- Work within project controls and procedures.
- Work within established quality assurance processes.
- Seeks to improve future service by inviting, analysing and responding to feedback and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project leadership and committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
- Provide guidance and to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives.
- Acts as a good team member and shows a positive collaborative attitude, promoting HSBC's values and behaviours (e.g. taking time to help others and respect others ideas.)
- Adhere to HSBC project methodology at all times.
- Typically educated to a degree level, within IT with relevant industry qualifications such as RPG/iSeries Skills , Java, WAS/Oracle DB Skills and AWS (Amazon Web Services) ;
- 7 years experinece in IT Project Implementaiton ;
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate on complex IT Project issues with a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
- Good management skills to lead a team ;
- Understanding of business finance and experience of effective managment of budgets and expenditure;
- Comprehensive understanding of banking in context of wider industry trends and direction