IT Project Officer
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
IT Project Officer
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Within HSBC Technology and Services, Global Software Delivery enables HSBC to remain at the leading edge in the development and delivery of high-quality, customised banking systems. The division provides tailored, cost-competitive and robust banking solutions and services that offer a flexible and scalable framework for delivering projects on time, within budget and at the highest quality, meeting both the current and future IT challenges facing the Group.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of IT Project Officer (GCB 6)
The primary responsibility of the role holder is to deliver and provide technical support for IT technologies, ensuring customer delight while conforming to high quality standards and best practices, maintaining and improving SLA's, and ensuring compliance to HSBC policies at all times as well as responsible for the successful maintenance of the supported environments through regular monitoring of technical systems, to ensure system stability and performance is at the highest possible levels and to actively participate to achieve organisational objectives for efficiency. The role holder must also drive operational excellence across our businesses worldwide, achieving this through the consolidation, simplification and continuous improvement of processes across the full range of HSBC operations.
- Encourages and seeks input from other regions to develop more effective and sustainable business outcomes;
- Challenges ways of working and proposes sustainable improvements for long-term benefit;
- Demonstrate a cross function view when developing solutions;
- Keeps up to date with best practice, applying it to drive performance;
- Participates in the core elements of a change implementation program;
- Effectively engages customers, colleagues and stakeholders to build a trust-based relationship and deliver a connected service.
- Understands the context, strategies and plans of their stakeholders, engaging other contacts as appropriate.
- Handles disagreement or stakeholder objections constructively and confidently.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance performance (practice assignments, training, shadowing etc.) and encourages others to utilise such opportunities.
- Monitor complex dependencies and respond accordingly to ensure on-going delivery to local and organisational business goals.
- Professionalism through actions.
- Building rapport and credibility with peers, customers and management.
- Exercise good judgment, competence and courage in decision making.
- Demonstrate unwavering support and commitment for corporate and/or departmental direction.
- Understands legal, regulatory and compliance risk, and works with management to ensure appropriate and timely action is taken to mitigate them.
- Works within budgets, financial plans and forecasts with supervisory assistance; ensures that the plans meet the budgetary requirements.
- Identify situations in which the business case may require updating to meet business need.
- Typically educated to a degree level, within IT with relevant industry qualifications such as RPG/iSeries Skills , Java, WAS/Oracle DB Skills and AWS (Amazon Web Services) ;
- 5 years experinece in IT Project Implementaiton ;
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate on complex IT Project issues with a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
- Understanding of business finance and experience of effective managment of budgets and expenditure;
- Comprehensive understanding of banking in context of wider industry trends and direction