Manager, Investment Operations
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
a. REGULAR DUTIES
- Prepare, review, and authorise various instructions timely and accurately to Trustee/Custodian, financial institution or counterparties for trade settlement, fund transfer, foreign exchange, hedging, corporate action, pricing, valuation matters, expenses and etc.
- Manage and monitor various types of transaction (including Money Market Placement, Equity and Fixed Income Trade, FX and/or hedging transactions and other relevant transactions) to ensure timely and accurate settlement.
- Prepare and review valuation reports for segregated funds for purpose of reporting or tax computations to client timely.
- Review, investigate and resolve discrepancies and/or various reconciliation issues/breaks including reporting and escalation accordingly.
- Coordinate and monitor corporate action events, by notifying portfolio managers and sending instruction to internal teams and custodians/trustee. Update into system where necessary.
- Perform rebalancing of feeder or fund of funds including position projection - subscription/redemption, FX booking and rebate processing.
- Cash accounts and balances monitoring and prepare cash projection to ensure all trades, dividends and coupon interest are received timely, expenses and transactions are accounted timely.
- Prepare and monitor necessary information or report for fund's income distribution.
- Compile, prepare and monitor to ensure all Fund's reporting is completed and reported within deadline.
- Prepare and coordinate the Fund Statistic report, peer ranking, fund performance and fund fact sheet.
- Prepare and compile various types of reports for internal or external parties (including client, regulatory, risk and compliance reporting and regional investment reporting).
- In charge of account and fund on-boarding. Prepare, monitor and provide instruction for account opening/new fund setup, KYC process, accruals of fund expenses, settlement of expenses, creation/cancellation of amounts/units and etc.
- Attending to enquiry from trustees/custodians, brokers, auditors, service providers and others.
- Liaise with service providers for process or system enhancement and UAT.
- Periodically review and update Policies & Procedure and BCP documents to reflect the latest development and changes.
- Provide support to front office and other business unit as and when required.
- Provide support and guidance to new colleagues/subordinates and back-up to team members.
- Collaborating with colleagues on ad-hoc duties or projects, for example enhancement and testing of new system
- To assist in performing office administrative functions for the company as and when required
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Degree from a reputable university
- Good interpersonal skill
- Detail oriented
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.