Manager, Regulatory Compliance
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysien Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory MY
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Hong Leong Bank Berhad
- 17 Aug 17 2017-08-17
Manager, Regulatory Compliance
Job Purpose Summary
• Understand & assist to implement the Bank's Compliance frameworks, review and update policies and procedures to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, as well as internal control standards and guidelines.
• Manage the internal control for new products, new initiatives, variations, processes and operating manuals, in CE & A mainly for call centre
• Assist to drive and facilitate the compliance culture to ensure that CE & A departments are constantly in compliance with the regulatory requirements.
• Ensure timely reporting and escalation of Compliance reports and issues in CE & A, incidents of non-compliance in accordance to the Group Compliance Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
• Conduct trainings/briefings and implement compliance culture and create awareness to Heads/employees within the respective CE & A departments on applicable laws and regulations, as and when required.
• Assist/provide support to Head of Department and/or Head of Division in leading, coordinating and monitoring the completion of regulatory compliance activities including meetings or audits.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
List down the essential duties and responsibilities of the job in the 3 areas below, where applicable.
Functional (job responsibilities)
• Assist supervisor on all compliance matters in consultation with Group Compliance. Assist with the coordination, consultation and feedback of any regulatory information requests, including meetings and audits.
• Keep abreast of new legal regulatory and material regulatory changes, new developments and international best practices on Regulatory Compliance. Working closely with Group Compliance to ensure all relevant new legislation and regulation applicable and it is disseminated to relevant stakeholders, implemented in a timely manner.
• Supporting CE & A's digital initiatives for Analytics and Customer Experience projects and assignments providing compliance advisory and internal controls to ensure that the roll out complies to regulatory requirements, policies and procedures
• Assist to coordinate for a timely and accurate regulatory reporting (i.e. includes concept papers, surveys) and escalation of compliance and non-compliance issues or incidences to management, management committee and Group Compliance.
• Work with stakeholders, supporting CE & A's digital initiatives and activities for Analytics and Customer Experience projects and assignments providing independent internal control and compliance advisory, monitoring and feedback. Initiatives and activities range from projects, new products, product variations, process enhancements, business continuity management and outsourcing to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements, policies and procedures where necessary. Ensure processes are incorporated into procedures and operation manuals. Review and provide feedback for policies, manuals, operating procedures. Track any process control and internal control gap till closure.
• Customise and deliver effective compliance training to Head and members of the division.
• Coordinating the completion of self-assessments within CE &A, this includes developing and implementing a plan for checking the compliance controls, report the outcome, track the compliance and internal control issues till closure to be in line with Group Compliance Self-Assessment Framework
Managerial (team/group responsibilities)
• Be a good team player to ensure strong team spirits and deliver quality results
• Build a close working relationship with key stakeholders across the division, Group Risk, Group Compliance, Group Support Services (including Legal), Group Internal Audit, Fraud Management Unit and other business units and functions where relevant, in the implementation and enforcement of policies and guidelines.
• Assist supervisor to break down "silos" integrating and streamlining compliance processes and operational risk processes (where relevant) across departments within and outside CE & A strengthening compliance process controls
Organizational (organizational responsibilities)
• To provide assurance to CCO of CE & A, senior management and Board Of Directors (BOD) through management committees / via Group Compliance and Group Risk that the bank's compliance and operational risk processes (where relevant) are adequately managed
• Assist to raise the standard of "Compliance is everybody's responsibility" to comply with the spirit and objective of the regulatory requirements
Indicate the minimum requirements expected of a jobholder in order to perform the job satisfactorily
• Degree in Accounting/Finance/Banking/Economics/Law
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Minimum 5-11 years managerial experience in a banking and financial Institution with specialisation in compliance, legal risk
• Knowledge of legislative aspects/regulatory requirements of banking and financial institutions and banking products is a must
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, through all levels of the organization and various departments and divisions
• Leadership with the ability to see the big picture without losing attention to detail
• Possess analytical and critical thinking. Attentive to details and possesses investigative nature
• Consulting experience in leading change is an added advantage