What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
The Network Engineer is a full-time opportunity where candidates are responsible for design, implementation and support of local, wireless and wide area networks (LAN/WLAN/WAN). Typical responsibilities for this engineer will include diagnosing and troubleshooting to resolve network-associated issues, conducting software and hardware evaluation and testing for new project implementation, monitoring the health and system availability of network and liaising with external vendors. A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate excellent technical skills, proficiency with the design, implementation and support of network solutions, and exhibit strong project management and communication skills.
The Deloitte Southeast Asia Information Technology (SEA IT) Networks Team role is responsible for the administration, monitoring and troubleshoot of the network, firewall and security system to ensure compliance to IT Security policy. These include diagnosing and troubleshooting to resolve network-associated issues, conducting software and hardware evaluation and testing for new project implementation, monitoring the health and system availability of network and liaising with external vendors.
He/She will perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Regular and consistent attendance and adherence to company policies and procedures is required of all employees. Other duties within employee's ability as assigned by the supervisor are required and may change due to business necessity. This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the Systems Engineer in the team.
Typical responsibilities will include:
Your role as a leader
- Install, support and maintain new network infrastructure.
- Implement and manage firewalls and perimeter defense for security protection of business systems.
- Allocate network resources.
- Monitor network usage.
- Ensure the most cost-effective and efficient use of networks.
- Suggest and providing IT solutions to business and management problems.
- Ensure that all IT equipment complies with industry standards.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security, particularly if the network connects to the internet.
- Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Supervise other staff, for example help desk technicians.
- Work closely with other departments/organisations and collaborating with other IT staff.
- Plan and implement future IT developments and undertaking project work.
- Ability to work within a regionally dispersed environment - Southeast Asia.
- Ability to work and communicate with Global and Regional teams to resolve issues.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Analysts across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Possess Cisco certification (CCNP/CCDP) and specialization.
- Strong technical skills in Networking (LAN/WAN, Cisco Router, switches, WLAN systems).
- Knowledge and experience in MPLS, IPSEC VPN, SD WAN preferred.
- Excellent knowledge in the field of data networking.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server products is a plus.
- Communicate and interact with other infrastructure teams such as system and application teams.
- Full understanding of DNS, WINS, DHCP and LDAP compliant directories.
- Provide documentation for technical and process related activities.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and maintenance to ensure stability and optimal performance on all network environments.
- Keep management up to date on any outstanding production related issues.
- Provide after-hours support as needed.
- Provide assistance, documentation, and training for support personnel (which include Help Desk, computer technicians, and trainers), internal/external customers, and management.
- Adheres to company software licensing policies and practices.
- Research and implement solutions for basis functionality in the areas of performance monitoring and tuning and systems configurations, designs and implementation.
- Experience in a geographically dispersed environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, initiative, eagerness to learn, and ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Must have strong time management, project management, organizational, and team collaboration skills.
- Must demonstrate a good command of English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to communicate effectively with client and all level of staff verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to assess, prioritise, execute and solve issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Well organised, highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly adaptive to learning and overcoming challenges in the fast changing tech world.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written, organisational, and verbal communication skills as well as collaboration skills.
- Able to convey technical concepts to individuals without prior technical knowledge or understanding of topics.
- Good experience in project management, vendor relationships management.
- Strong customer service orientation. Always looking for opportunity to collaborate and engage with clients, helping them get the most from our services, solutions and processes.
- Experience in a geographically dispersed environment, available for occasional business travel.
- Able to coordinate and collaborate with business application stakeholders and infrastructure teams to ensure successful upgrades, installations or integration activities.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
2 years (or equivalent knowledge base) work experience with managing routers and switches in an organisation. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MI69-171852-2019