Network Security Senior Engineer
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 18 Jan 19
Network Security Senior Engineer
Job Description - Network Security Senior Engineer
Business Title: Network Security Service Senior Engineer
Business Unit: ITO, Technology Services, Security Technology Services
Job Family: Security Technology Services
Reports Directly to: Head of Network Security Services
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services" .
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products in order to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
As part of the Security Transformation activities within SCB, a new Network Security Service has been created. This requires a highly skilled and experienced Cyber and Network Security professional to work with the portfolio head to define and build the capability to improve Bank's network security posture in order protect the Bank from complex cyber threats.
· Provide deep technical expertise across the entire network security portfolio.
· Engage and collaborate closely with Cyber Threat Intelligence, Cyber Defence Centre and Network Engineering teams to determine opportunities for tactical and strategic capability uplifts.
· Drives enterprise network design projects and initiatives.
· Makes directional recommendation, taking into account multiple factors, including risks, alignment with current and future network performance specifications and cost/benefit analysis.
· Designs and creates new infrastructure solutions and integrations in both on premise, public cloud and hybrid environments which provide environmental and operational simplicity.
· Contributes to overall Network Security standards, engineering specifications and configurations for enterprise communication.
· Creates documentation and procedures necessary to provision and manage performance and capacity. Defines operational parameters and events for operation leads.
· Proactively researches and identifies new Cloud Network technologies that will affect business policies, procedures and practices and recommends appropriate changes and areas of future enhancement.
· Engages peers in technical dialog considering new ideas and applicability to the banks environment.
· Responds to complex network incident escalations as necessary; performing advanced analysis and troubleshooting; determines root cause to facilitate resolution in conjunction with administration and operational staff.
· Understands architectural concepts and can create design artifacts (detailed diagrams and documentation) for engineering and operational peers.
· Security Technology Network Security Service Domain heads
· Head of Networks Engineering
· Head of Cloud Engineering
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS):
· Minimum 10 years experience in Banking, Information Security Technology
· Minimum 10 years experience in Network Security Design, Architecture or Engineering with experience leading a team in delivering technology centric customer focused services
· Highly entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication and an unrelenting drive to success and win
· Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organisation's goal. Exudes confidence and will roll-up his/her sleeves to drive success
· Able to get things done in a quick-paced environment. Be transparent and open around what doesn't work and what does
· Strong Technical skills and good understanding in Network Security Technologies, including but not limited to Firewalls (including Web Application Firewalls), Intrusion Prevention, Breach Detection, Secure Web Access Gateways, DDoS mitigation solutions.
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills (successfully lead and managed end-to-end technology services and or technology operations) with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prirotise
· Experience of developing a people strategy, influencing relevant stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently
· Experience with defining and implementing operating models and driving organizational change
· Ability to lead and control programme and/or project management in the context of a significant amount of change
· Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentation; technical reporting writing across various types of tareget audiences.
· Diploman or Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Informaiton Technology or its equivalent