About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- The Business Analyst (BA) supports the Product Owner in engaging business stakeholders, eliciting requirements, creating detailed user case and calculating business value.
- Responsible for defining and documenting the scope of work, perform impact analysis for a requirement or group of requirements and come up with the best possible solution to meet the requirement.
- A member of the Delivery Team in PIM Acceleration programme, the BA also assists the team in areas of analysis, CI (Continuous Improvement), UX (User eXperience) and QA (Quality Assurance).
- Continuously engages with the Product Owner, the Delivery Team and applicable business stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Compliance) to gather and verify requirements, exchange feedback, align product expectations and resolve issues.
People and Talent
- Collaborates with Delivery Team, Product Owner, Programme Owner and Delivery Owner to define Minimal Viable Product (MVP) based on business requirements and business value.
- Creates User case (based on programme vision) in close alignment with Product Owner and defines Acceptance Criteria in close alignment with Delivery Team.
- Helps the Product Owner to ensure that the Product Backlog is visible, clear and understood.
- Participates in Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning, contributing to defining the Sprint Goal, estimating User case and ensuring these meet Definition of Ready criteria.
- Participates in Agile ceremonies such as daily team Stand-up, Sprint Demo or Retrospective.
- Supports the team to develop both, Definition of Ready and Done.
- Defining test cases for User Acceptance/ Verification Testing (UAT/ UVT), performs testing if required.
- People management ability to collaborate with onshore and offshore teams
- Serve as SME (Subject Matter Expert) on Bank and Country processes such as risk regulations, compliance and delivery frameworks.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Supports Programme Office to ensure deliverables are of the desired quality and in engaging applicable stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Ops Risk, CTM & Key Governance) for required approvals and sign-offs.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understand the interests of all the stakeholders and keep them updated with relevant information.
- Be able to provide regular updates and identify risks and issues upfront.
- Frequent interaction with:
- Product Owners
- Programme Owners
- Delivery Owners
- The Business Analyst is a critical and strategic thinker, decisive and analytically minded, solution-oriented, user-focused and business-savvy with exceptional communication, collaboration, people and conduct management skills. They can successfully engage with many different personalities/ stakeholders and reach consensus when necessary.
- Successful SCB Business Analysts typically benefit from substantial experience in business analysis, data analysis/ science, product owner, product management, quality assurance or project management roles within the financial or tech industries and at least some experience with agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Extreme Programming, LeSS, SAFe).
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.