Refining and Marketing Research Analyst
Are you an analytical problem solver ? Do you enjoy unravelling the story behind the numbers and developing solutions to frontier problems ?
We're looking for an analyst , within the Refining and Marketing Division to:
- M onitor the Asian downstream oil market, including market trends, competitive environments, strategic and competitive position of major industry players, supply chain structure, and legislative evolution
- Writ e analytical reports and strategic essays on key markets, their trends, and key industry players
- Manage, maintain and enhance proprietary analytical models and associated databases
- Contribute to the delivery of bespoke consulting projects by providing market trend analysis and competitive assessment (Time spent on consulting varies according to experience and need)
You will be working in the Refining and Marketing Team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia . As part of a regional team of over 11 colleagues in the region, responsible for developing the narrative of the Asian downstream oil market . Your expertise Y ou have
- Degree in engineering/business/sciences from an internationally recognized university
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills
- Prior experience in research , consulting , and planning role in the oil and gas industry would be a strong advantage .
- Fluent in English , other Asian languages are desirable.
- Familiarity with database architecture, VBA, and Power BI a plus
- Strong interest in energy industry
- The initiative to improve and innovate existing processes
- In possession of o utstanding reading and writing skills in international business English, good communication skills, and a natural bent for multi-tasking and good organization
- Strong in quantitative and analytical skills with attention to detail and excellent research and problem-solving skills
- C omfortable working with large amounts of data, and analysing outputs
- Able to work independently and as a team with a positive attitude
- Opportunity to work with colleagues across the global from various cultural backgrounds and areas of expertise
- At the forefront of the industry, with the opportunity to advise key players and legislators towards the development of the energy industry
We are happy to consider requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of working from home are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking. Your colleagues About us
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence. Join us
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.