Senior Associate, Japan Corporate Advisory
We're looking for a Senior Associate, within the Issuer Solutions Division to:
- Be the core and leader to new team in Kuala Lumpur to work together and support the Corporate Advisory teams in Tokyo and Hong Kong.
- Compile data gathered from global colleagues and public information to identify the shareholders of the client.
- Work closely with the Tokyo analysts to write up and create shareholder identification reports to be delivered to clients in Japan.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the investor relations and executive teams of publicly traded companies.
- Lead the growth and improvement of a team in Kuala Lumpur.
You will be working with the Corporate Advisory Team in Japan, as well as team in Hong Kong and Cape Town. Each team is headed up by a Director with over 20 years of financial industry experience, and team members of all levels are actively contributing to the team's success. Your expertise You Have
- Fluent in Japanese and English. Fluency in Mandarin a plus.
- 5+ years of financial experience or in a related field preferable.
- BA or BS Degree in a financial or quantitative related discipline, focus on data analytics a plus
- Collaborative skill set that allows you to work within a dynamic and inclusive team
- Comfort with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with FactSet a plus
- Demonstrated interest in capital markets
- Analytical and have reasoning ability
- A team player and committed to the high performance of the team
- Detail-oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with client-facing situations
- Proactive and not afraid to ask questions
- Accustomed to the Japanese business culture
- Opportunity to work with the biggest companies in Japan
- Help launch and lead a new team in Kuala Lumpur
- Team Environment working with colleagues across the globe
- Abundant opportunity to train
- Work/Life Balance
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.