Senior Manager Performance Services
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further
Within HSBC Digital Business Services is a business-aligned, customer-servicing organization with the primary objective of driving operational excellence across our businesses worldwide. Achieving this through the consolidation, simplification and continuous improvement of processes across the full range of HSBC operations, the division simultaneously takes responsibility for managing operational, location and processing risk and ensuring that services provided are at a best-in-class price point for the required quality level.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to take on the role Senior Manager, Performance Services.
The roleholder will deliver and contribute to the definition of necessary policies, processes, procedures, and tools for their implementation and management in the DBS COO Office, working with Global Functions such as Finance, HR or Strategy & Planning where required. The PS role will drive continuous improvement across the Group COO structure in areas such as Change Execution, Financial Management, Non-Financial Risk, and People. This role has overall responsibility for contributing to:
- Change Execution - managing change, either internally or externally driven, on a continuous improvement basis
- Communication - developing and executing communication plans, with Region/Country Communications
- Service Performance Management - managing any "services" delivered to business, with appropriate benchmarks, metrics and reporting on efficiency, effectiveness and success of those "services"
- Financial Management -provide support in robust financial planning, management, tracking and reporting, with Global/Regional/Country Finance
- Governance & Documentation - provide support in ensuring appropriate and consistent governance is developed and implemented with robust documentation and supporting management
- Organisational Design - maintaining and continually reviewing organisational designs
- People - support with developing and implementing people strategies with Region/Country/Global HR
- Project execution - support with region/country specific programmes supporting Group COO strategic actions' execution or provide governance oversight on cross-line of Global Business / Global Functions
- Non-financial Risk management - support with the management of non-financial risk and ensuring risks are managed consistently and effectively across all businesses and functions in line with the agreed risk appetite.
- Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment (EWRA) - end to end coordination of the EWRA, by working closely with GB/GF stakeholders locally to seek inputs and undertake the assessment.
- Deep understanding of risk management process from First Line Of Defence perspective
- Some risk management experience is highly desirable
- Strong financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions
- Demonstrated business knowledge, such as experience of managing a global P&L unit is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to succeed within a matrix management structure and build and maintain regional team relationships;
- Ability to authentically engage with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace.
- Strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- High level of personal drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously across HSBC
- Ability and comfort to work across cultures
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with senior stakeholders that results in successful delivery
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in simple language to support problem analysis
- Excellent relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group
- Practical experience of major business transformation activities is preferred but not essential
- Strong knowledge of DBS or similar functions in other organisations - functionally, operationally and financially
- Experience in risk management related activities
- Educated to graduate degree level in business management related field or associated relevant business experience
- Extensive experience in banking/ financial services, preferably in a global organization
- Proven experience in financial budgeting, strategic planning, communication, and people management processes
- Proven project management experience with an ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Previous background of working in a matrix organization structure; ability to persuade individuals at different levels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in English; other language abilities are advantageous
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation needed will be prioritised.The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.