Senior Security Engineer (SEA IT)
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Deloitte Malaysia
- 17 Jan 19
Senior Security Engineer (SEA IT)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
- Protect company's information assets across different realms using processes and tools to operate security technologies such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, endpoint security, content filtering, data loss prevention, application firewalls and vulnerability scanners for South-East Asia.
- Performs routine and on-demand system reviews and vulnerability assessments, including system and device security patch compliance status, user account activity, network resource, configuration, etc. and reports on compliance against vulnerability management requirements.
- Assuming the role of incident handler to investigate and mitigate possible security exceptions and incidents (e.g., identify proper investigative approach, conduct interviews, evidence preservation, escalation, root cause analysis and reporting).
- Conduct information security awareness and training initiatives to educate workforce about information risks; fostering a culture that considers information security in day-to-day operations.
- Represents IT security in relevant discussions within IT community as well as the business functions in the company, acting as the subject matter expert and provide input to major change requests raised.
- In-charge of presenting updates and reports of the organization's security posture to the management and answer to questions raised.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating policies, processes and procedures to comply with organizational requirements, ISO 27001 compliance requirements and information technology security best practices.
- Leads and counsels junior staffs in the team.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Associates across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, ITIL v3, MCSE or similar qualifications.
- At least three (3) years of information security or products related experience, in areas such as: security operations, penetration testing, exploits analysis, disaster recovery, risk management, DLP, IPS, SIEM, etc.
- Experience with McAfee, Sourcefire, SOC environment or cloud-based security products is a plus.
- Ability to be effective in a team environment (across geographic locations), presenting issues, clearly explaining issues, and ability to come to an agreed upon resolution of the various security concerns/needs of the organization.
- Solid understanding of security practices, available technologies and current trends and products.
- Self-starter with a drive to excel and belief in making changes that matter.
- Strong, clear and effective oral and written English skills.
- Demonstrating a commitment to learning, development and teamwork. Emphasis will be placed on working with team resources and colleagues throughout the organization.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic environment, requiring flexibility and responsiveness to organizational security needs.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MI65-161381-2019