Infrastructure Services Sales Representative
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Serves as the Infrastructure Services (IS) brand focal points on the cross brand IBM sales team
- Drives IS opportunities (for all IS Services Line- Hybrid Cloud, Resiliency, Network and Digital Workspace) in an assigned territory
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships with executives and key influencers, in the IT and line of business organizations, based on a history of performance and credibility, earning a reputation as one of the client's trusted business advisors
- Demonstrates a high level of business acumen and applies an understanding of the client's business, organization, strategy, financial position, and business issues
- Maintains an understanding of the client's industry, including industry trends, industry performance indicators and key client competitors in their industry
- Understands and applies IBM's strategies and offerings for all IS Service Lines and IBM industry solutions to address the client's business needs
- Understands and navigates IBM to identify, acquire and coordinate a team of critical resources needed to address client needs; leads the cross-functional team to develop the best solution for the client
- Identifies solution opportunities by aligning IBM's industry and IS strategies with the client's most important business needs
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction for services
- Ideally should possess experience in Hybrid Cloud, Infrastructure Systems, Network, Resiliency, Digital Workspace services sales.
- Professional knowledge related to incumbent's position, team, and department. Requires ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills.
- Draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties. Negotiation is required.
- Recognize job-related problems. Analyze causes using existing techniques or tools, prepare and recommend solution alternatives. Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve.
- Works on professional projects; work is often reviewed for developmental purposes.
- Understand the standard mission of the professional group and vision in own area of competence. May directly influence people in own project. Position may require coordination of activities within the larger IBM Business Units.
Impact on Business/Scope:
- Accountable for individual or team results. May contribute by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact immediate costs or expenses.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have minimum of 6 years of IT sales experience, preferably in Infrastructure Services sales
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Preferred Education:
Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: