ESG Ratings Senior Associate- Communication & IT Specialist
Your Team responsibilities
The ESG Ratings Operations team member researches and rates companies on a 'AAA' to 'CCC' scale based on its exposure to industry specific ESG risks and its ability to manage those risks relative to peers. The team analyzes data sourced through internal and external data suppliers and follows a rule- based methodology to determine the rating. The companies rated are spread across the developed and emerging markets and range in size from large to small scale. What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization's leaders to support them.
Your key responsibilities
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your primary responsibility will be to review and analyze data sourced through internal & external vendors and apply a rules-based methodology to determine Ratings for companies based on its ESG performance. As a ratings analyst, you will focus on specific sectors- we are currently interested in hiring analysts for the Information sector. As a sector-specialist, you will be responsible for tracking and monitoring developments and trends in the sector and assessing the ESG impact of those on companies in the sector. Your specific responsibilities shall include:
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Deliver high quality ESG research for companies in our global coverage on a timely basis.
- Support implementation of quality control measures and oversee research conducted by other members of the team;
- Co-ordinate with internal and external suppliers in enhancing the quality of the data sourced
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of ratings model
- Contribute in implementing processes critical for ensuring operational stability.
How we'll support you
- 7+ years of experience in ESG/ Sustainability research or consulting with good understanding of the IT industry.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to articulate viewpoints
- Strong Communication skills- both oral and written
- Comfortable working in a team environment across hierarchies, functions and geographies
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
About MSCI and our teams
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups such as MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women's Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups.
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.