Principal Investment Specialist
- Internationally competitive, paid in US dollars
- Manila, National Capital Region, Philippinen
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Asian Development Bank
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
ADB seeks qualified professionals to fill this vacancy in its Private Sector Operations Department, Private Sector Investment Funds & Special Initiatives Division
ADB’s investment funds and special initiatives (PSIS) division makes private equity (PE) fund and direct equity investments across a broad range of sectors in Asia. These sectors include (a) infrastructure, (b) climate change related; (c) financial services; and (d) education and health. ADB’s PE business also focuses on growth equity and buyout funds that cater to the developing and frontier markets in Asia. As a senior member of the PSIS division, the principal investment specialist is expected to source and lead the evaluation and execution of commercially-oriented private equity investment opportunities (both fund and direct co-investments originated by investee funds) that support ADB’s development objectives for the private sector and overall goal of reducing poverty. The incumbent will work within a framework of broad policies, principles and goals, applying a high degree of autonomy in selection of work methods.
- Supervisor: Director, PSIS
- The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
- Administrative Staff
- National Staff
Master's Degree, or equivalent, in business administration, finance, or related fields from a leading graduate school of business; or University degree combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience in investment banking, private equity, or management consulting. Significant direct investing experience with a private equity fund, fund of funds, institutional investor, sovereign wealth fund, or similar entity, with a focus on equity and quasi-equity investments preferred.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Strong and extensive practical experience in structuring, negotiating and monitoring fund investments and direct co-investment transactions, preferably in a fund of funds context.
- Strong understanding of and experienced in building financial models for valuations and financial returns analysis.
- Highly motivated and strong work ethic.
- Proactive self-starter, with proven ability to initiate (including being resourceful in identifying fund managers) and bring deals to completion.
- Sound business judgment, problem solving and commercial instincts.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with large, culturally diverse teams at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required, including a demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently with good presentation skills in one-on-one settings or to larger groups (inside and outside of ADB).
For more details and to apply, visit https://www.adb.org/careers/161040
Deadline for applications is on 6 February 2018.
We encourage diversity in our workforce and support an inclusive and respectful work environment. Women are encouraged to apply.
This is a re-advertisement. Applications received from previous posting will be considered together with applications received in response to advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
The vision of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and based in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staff come from about 67 members. ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package. While the position advertised is for the ADB headquarters, staff must be prepared to serve in any location outside Manila, Philippines at the discretion of Management. Applicants must be nationals of one of ADB's member countries.