Securities Lending Team Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
Securities Lending Team Manager will be responsible for managing the team of analysts and ensuring accurate processing of securities lending transactions. She/he will ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched utilizing State Street's Collateral Management Workstation and other data/reporting platforms in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Securities Lending Team Manager you will
What we value
- Take responsibility for the quality of service provided to assigned clients
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources
- Identify training needs and provide relevant training
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping teams and Donor Site informed of the issue
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched to Donor Sites as required
- Prepare and review existing documentation on processes, procedures and controls. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the teams and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of financial instruments
- Experience in securities lending environment would be an asset
- Strong leadership skills
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Proven organizational skills
- Fluent English is a requirement
- At least 5 years of previous experience in fund industry/back office service. People management experience preferred.
- PC literate and competent in use of Excel spreadsheets and various functions. Knowledge and experience regarding VBA would be an asset
About State Street What we do.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers