Business Control Officer, Officer
Who we are looking for
Reporting into the Global Transactions, Controls & Banking Middle Office Operations Management Team, the Business Control Officer has responsibility for managing all Governance, Risk, Control and Compliance initiatives across the Middle Office TM in Poland. This role will work with the business and other stakeholders to identify improvements in control, risk management, monitoring and testing framework and execute relevant strategy. This role will also complete projects, assignments and other activities as directed. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business Controls Officer you will
What we value
- Strengthen our reputation for excellence in operational risk management by demonstrating clear ownership of risks and exercising discipline in risk management processes.
- Ensure a "no surprise" culture where trends in risk incidents (operational losses, inadvertent data disclosure, and break in governance controls) are identified and reported to the management team and escalated in a timely manner.
- Review the incidents whether proposed Actions To Prevent Reoccurrence address the root cause and satisfy the tactical and strategic solutions.
- Provide guidance to Middle Office TM management team as risk owners, to support participation and completion of corporate and local risk programs as required e.g. INFRA
- Respond to Business Control local body and ensure Middle Office TM adhere to relevant policies.
- Ensure all process flows and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are adequately documented and reviewed/updated on a regular basis.
- Manage a self-testing and monitoring program for the operations to ensure that all controls are effective, applicable and being adhered to.
- Work with other risk functions to develop and implement controls that mitigate operational risks. Once the controls are in place, continue to monitor control compliance and the prevalent risk environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels
- Provide regular reporting to the management and track timely closure of incidents, issues and incident reports (SIR's)
- with strong change control.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within scope.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with different stakeholders using various tools
- Excellent time management skills, ability to set priorities effectively
About State Street What we do.
- Minimum of 5 years of Financial Services experience in operations and/or risk management within an operational function
- Prior experience in working in an international environment; experience in designing communications and / or preparing materials for senior stakeholders would be an asset
- Third level qualification, Legal, Finance, Audit or Business related
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers