truView Analytics Market Data Specialist, Associate
Who we are looking for
The State Street's truView analytics team is seeking an experienced and versatile Market Data Specialist with financial markets, business solutions and data analysis knowledge to help us build and sustain our client's risk data capabilities and competitive advantage using the truView platform and its product offerings. The successful candidate will be familiar with tools and techniques used for efficient data management, strong financial instrument knowledge, outstanding collaboration expertise as well as communication and technical skills that enable problem resolution, process automation and control. This role is part of broader truView team and the candidate will have an opportunity to work directly with operations, client service, product management and IT teams across the globe. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Market Data Specialist you will:
What we value
- Support risk operations; make sure the market data is delivered on time, accurate and within scope.
- Become process/platform SME; conduct root cause analysis of data issues and act as the point of contact to address questions, queries and requests related to market data
- Independently perform work within guidelines and according to specific procedures
- Collaborate with IT, Financial Engineering and Product teams on product enhancement and development
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Industry knowledge, experience in Market Risk, Market Data, etc. will be an advantage
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details, problem solving, and decision making
- SQL knowledge, hands-on experience with database/data warehouse
About State Street What we do.
- University degree in Computer Science, Data Management, Finance, Business or equivalent
- Typically 2 - 3 years of industry experience across Financial Services, IT or Data fields
- Clear understanding of investment data, financial instruments and market risk concepts
- Experience with VBA/Python/SQL or other tools
- Strong technical skills, e.g. SQL, knowledge of database design (Data Feeds, Elements, Categories, Relationships), etc.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and related tools (JIRA, Confluence, Rally, RTC) is a plus
- Strong team ethics and team player
- Good communication and English language skills (both written and verbal)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers