Compliance, Financial Crime Compliance, Know Your Customer, Analyst, Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Compliance professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office. WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Know Your Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence team within the Financial Crime Compliance Group is seeking an analyst/associate professional, ideally with prior brokerage and/or other financial industry experience. The analyst/associate will advise firm personnel on Anti-Money Laundering/Combatting the Financing of Terrorism-related matters and conduct enhanced due diligence on high-risk customer relationships to identify potential legal, financial crime or reputational risk. The analyst/associate will also support, develop and advise on the firm's Client Identification Program, working closely with compliance, legal, operations, technology and business personnel to enhance firmwide financial crime-related infrastructure. The analyst/associate may be required to engage with clients to articulate legal and regulatory obligations and negotiate adherence to firmwide policies and procedures. The ideal candidate would have strong analytical, communication and writing skills, the ability to collaborate with others, manage projects and processes, as well as prioritise and balance a heavy workload. In this role, the analyst/associate would be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's businesses in conjunction with the rules and regulations under which the firm operates. Principal Responsibilities
- Conduct enhanced due diligence on high-risk customers to identify potential legal, regulatory or reputational risk
- Provide guidance to the client onboarding teams and/or the business on anti-money laundering related matters
- Work on anti-money laundering related projects as well as developing and enhancing compliance systems, policies and procedures
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience and knowledge of securities industry and products
- Prior compliance experience and a technical understanding of applicable AML and Sanctions regulations
- Experience of using data analytics tools and knowledge of structured query language required
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented workflows
- Ability to manage expectations of key stakeholders and to prioritise heavy workflows
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate complex matters in a succinct manner
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Strong critical thinking and ability to demonstrate good judgement
- Proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented and well-organised
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity