Java Software Full Stack Engineer - Consumer - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the consumer fintech division of Goldman Sachs. We help millions of consumers by providing financial products such as loans, savings, credit cards, investments, and financial analysis tools. Our partnership with Apple to build the Apple Card resulted in one of the largest and most successful credit card launches ever.
The UK Invest team are building investment related products for consumers in the UK. We use modern architecture principles and technology, a collaborative development process, and a continuous delivery approach. Key tenets that we apply when designing systems for our customers are: value, transparency, and simplicity. To achieve these, we rely heavily on automated, data driven decision processes using predictive analytics and machine learning. Our system architecture consists mainly of microservices built using Spring Boot, Vert.x, Kafka, and MongoDB.
As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we welcome leaders and contributors to join our team. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS WHY MARCUS
- You will develop financial products with direct impact on millions of consumers
- You build it: engineers are in control of decisions about systems they own from the first line of code written
- You run it: engineers with assistance from global SRE guild are responsible for operation of systems they built
- You own it: engineers do not wait for orders here. They do research, pitch projects. Great ideas are valued and implemented
- Professional network: you will meet and collaborate with very influential people within the global organization and the entire industry
- Every person is a first class member of the team irrespective of location. The same calibre of work is given to engineers located in US, Europe and Asia
- BSc or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Familiar with one or more of the following:
- Distributed systems
- NoSQL and relational databases
- Distributed messaging
- Transactional services
- Expertise in React JS, HTML5, Java
- Experience integrating with Restful web services
- Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience using Kafka as messaging middleware
- Experience with microservice based architecture
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Spring, vert.X
- Experience with AWS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity